PDA

View Full Version : Bad boy bonet

Christ
24-11-05, 06:06 PM
Did a quik search and couldnt find any other topics on this.

Do you have to buy the whole bonet or can you buy the 'bad bit' and weld it onto the front of my existing bonet?

And anybody recomend a web site to buy one from?

Also have seen some cars in the gallery that have a boxed secton cut into there rear bumper that they have there number plates in, is this a bought job or can you make it yourself?

thanks.

Jack
24-11-05, 08:37 PM
afaik most places sell the weld on section only. You can get a bonnet skin from Quadconversions, but this is only fibreglass.

Quadconversions also sell the rear number plate recess too, although most people tend to butcher something like a 306 rear bumper

Christ
24-11-05, 10:09 PM
right cheers m8

Dod
25-11-05, 09:58 PM
Get yourself a good Body shop and they'll make a steel one foir you like this:http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Dods1/Pic389.jpg

This particular guy quoted me e100 for the BB bonnett, Fitting and Spraying, or about 65 Pounds in your money.

As for the Boxed Section of the bumper, as i was told in here, just cut along the back of the bumper (the line 1/2 way down) and measure the length of the no plate and cut to suit, push it in and screw the no plate in place, easy as!! Think its Ste's car?