PDA

View Full Version : widow washer jet

sickrabbit
23-11-05, 05:44 PM
Last year had a spoiler fitted to my motor - and a new rear washer was needed as the old one was far too proud for the spoiler . It worked ( well dribbled ) for a while but has recently given up the ghost . I examined the rear tailgate boot where the washer tube is found , only to find the hose split , so I cut the split section out stretched and joined it using a small plastic length of pipe. It didnt work. I think the stretching the pipe has narrowed it too much , thus stopping the flow . Its been on my mind to repair this minor niggle for yonks , in fact as soon as it gets warmer I,m gonna have a go - therefore the question is - I reckon the whole hose needs to be replaced - where does it locate - among the roof headlining or down the rear pillar and along body panels ...??

Or , shoulnt I bother..? :oops:

Jon_nova1
23-11-05, 05:52 PM
it'd require lots off ripping apart, i'd say don't bother, you only need to see if there are objects in your way, the back screen doesn't need to be clean like the front, mine for example has dirty lines where my scraper stopped when it was icey :D

Donova
26-11-05, 11:42 AM
I renewed mine it runs over the top of the door down to under the parcel shelf and then into the engine bay,was piece of piss except for the bit from the grommet to the nozzle, tie a bit of string on the old one to pull the new one through :D

Snowface
26-11-05, 01:25 PM
i had same problem when i put a gsi type spoiler on mine cople years ago.

The jet works i think (dribbles) but i havn't used it since i put it on. If the rear window gets real dirty i wash it by hand.

sickrabbit
26-11-05, 02:05 PM
It pains me when something doesnt work . But to get to the washer head means removing the gsi spoiler . Have to be done by hand. :evil:
I,ll consider doing when it gets warmer.
cheers

rudeboy69r
26-11-05, 07:26 PM
yer mine split so i just pulled all the tubeing out and blocked off the pump.

Iain
26-11-05, 09:41 PM
My rear windscreen washer has never worked since I got the car. :P Where exactly was yours split Mr Rabbit? Might try fixing mine too when it's warmer

sickrabbit
27-11-05, 11:09 AM
Right in the rubber tailgate boot . Like all motors there isnt a great deal of play on the hose - other words Vauxhall put only enuff in to do the job and no more - there isnt any slack.
I think I,m gonna wait till the spring , remove the spoiler - and try to fix this niggle. I,ve a cousin whose a mechanic , he reackons Novas and some fords have this common fault along with failing rear window heaters , due to opening the tail gate so much . Guess what ? Thats packed up too.
The stuff the spoilers put on with , I think is tiger seal ( or some seal of sorts ) - this stuff hard to remove ??

cheers.