PDA

View Full Version : LXi?SXi?SRi?.............CD?

Anonymous
10-03-01, 08:59 PM
I know that vauxhall did an astra,cavalier n Im pretty sure a carlton CD,Im thinking of badging my nova up as a Nova CD,however I aint sure what the specs are of CD models,from what I can gather,The belmont CD is almost the same as an Astra SRi,well,the interior n engine are the same on a lad I knows astra anyway,so is the bumpers n clear repeaters,I was thinking of doing my nova up as an SR/GTE/GL mix,can anyone point me in the right direction?-I know carmine red aint a CD colour,,but what are the differences between CDs,N SRis?

Anonymous
12-03-01, 03:33 AM
CD's are the luxury spec versions, and SR/i's the more sporty models.

With the older Vauxhalls, the SR models would get lower spec in terms of electric goodies, but higher performance, and with body kits etc, but this changed with later models.
e.g, the MKII Cavalier. The SRi has body kit, sunroof, sports seats, sports steering wheel, electric mirrors, central locking etc.
The CD has all that apart from sports seats and steering wheel, but gains electric f/r windows, manual levelling rear suspension, plus velour seats, bla bla bla.....oh, and chrome around the windows, and rear lights, and polished door handles!

Basically, CD=Luxury spec, SR=Sporty spec

BTW......why not do a CDX badged Nova?
higher spec than a CD!
That's on a Carlton BTW, which went L, GL, CD, CDX...and you forgot the Senator CD.

With the Nova, the GL was the luxury spec model, coming below the SR, but having higher luxury spec.
The old ones had bright trim around the windows! They also ad the 6-clock dash of the SR, including oil-pressure and battery voltage gauges, which the newer GL models lost, as did the MKII SR/i's

Anonymous
12-03-01, 09:51 AM
How about the nova luxe + mk2
electric windows etc

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---

Anonymous
12-03-01, 04:39 PM
how about an Nova R2D2 - i have heard there pritty fast :p

Anonymous
12-03-01, 05:41 PM
nova P1 that might shift a little
nova G60 hmm nippy
tesco value nova hee hee good cheap mods

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
12-03-01, 10:41 PM
How about de-badging it!! smooth is the future!

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!

Anonymous
13-03-01, 12:16 PM
I know,in someways I wanna leave the badges on so peeps know how much work Ive done to the car,but in other ways,I dont want peps knowing its a 1.2merit!

Anonymous
13-03-01, 08:27 PM
by the way sr stands for sports refined!
not clever enough to know what cd stands for- coffin dodger?!

Anonymous
16-03-01, 07:46 PM
i though we established some months ago Sr stands for shopping runner. Ask Micky

RobDmr@aol.com
Rob26@novaload.org.uk
Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!! even if my motor does sound like a fiesta at the mo!!!!!