PDA

View Full Version : engine problems

chapers
22-11-05, 10:34 PM
hi,

im having trouble with my car i was wondering if anyone could help me figure out the problem

as im driving along it sometimes has poor throttle response

as i come up to junctions it will struggle to stay running or turn off completely

has a really bad time starting in the morning

when im going slow the engine struggles

please help

chaps

probert_nova
22-11-05, 11:08 PM
i take it your nova is carb'd, iv'e got every one of those symptoms you described and its just down to the cold. its rather fookin annoying i know. the amount of times my nova's cut out these last few days is unbeliveble. happens at worst times to, people keep thinkin i stalled it :evil:

CG
23-11-05, 11:05 AM
I?ve had the same problem recently. There is a part called the distributor points within the distributor, which wear over time is apparently is a common thing and can be adjusted using a flat screwdriver within the distributor housing, however I do recommend that someone who knows what there doing, to only attempt it. The part should only cost around ?4 new.

orange_andy
23-11-05, 11:40 AM
try just getting sum carb cleaner, (petrol aditive) i had a problem that nearly made me pull over on the motorway due to having no power at all to the wheels. i would put me foot down then about 2 second delay till itd pick up and itd be rough pick up, whacked sum carb cleaner in the petrol, no problems since. takes me about 4 minutes of making sure the revs are above 1k on a morning start once thats done it doesnt cut out ever, (touches wood) it cut out once since i had it dunno why, but i hate it coz i think it isnt gonna start again makes u feel like a rite nob head