PDA

View Full Version : best way to drain tank

Christ
22-11-05, 08:53 PM
aye. Had a small leak on fuel tank for awhile now - big enough to stop the exhaust fitter choppin my front silencer off and weldin a straight pipe in its place - anyway, had a good chance to look at it today, tiny hole, about the size of a pinhead, hiding in a patch of rust. Did as anyone would do and poked it with a screwdriver, made the hole the size of 2 pinheads. :P

I hav it streamin/dripppin/pissin into a petrol can rite now but its gona take an age to drain and the cars half hangin outa my garage at the moment.

what do u recon i do, try and syphon the petrol out through the filler pipe aswell?

try and disconect pipes goin to the fuel lines and let them drip into a tin?

tried this - look for a drain plug on tank - dont think my nova has one. (j reg)

or poke it with a screwdriver again and see if i can make it flow a bit more - im tempted. . . :evil:

thanks for any advice.

Philsutton
22-11-05, 09:01 PM
i find a good way is to wrie up the fuel pump an disconnect the feed pipe. just let it run until nothing else comes out, into a container of course. Wont work if its a carb lol

Riggy
22-11-05, 11:09 PM
lol i noticed the other day that my local motorfactor sells petrol tanks repair kits ,

similer to that stuff that you mix and it sets hard as metal :lol:

was quite cool

Jon_nova1
23-11-05, 01:20 AM
last time i drained the tank i disconnected the pipe on the engine side and put it lower than the tank, the petrol went in at a fast but controllable pace :D