PDA

View Full Version : [b]16v troubles need help![/b]

DIY*VALVER84
22-11-05, 01:44 AM
hello all. right ive just swapped my old fezzy for a nova 16v its the mk2 astra gte lump in an l reg nova van.well cool.
neway few things ive gotta finish/fix like driveshafts.
is it true that the inner off a cav 1600 will fit as long as its 34 splines at g'box and a nova gte/gsi or td shaft and outer 22 splines at hub will this work and how long for? also ive got a fuel leak (eeeek run) just where the fuel line meets the injector rail its on the right side of rail if looking at engine from front of car,is this supply or return and if so what pipe/s will i need to replace if any? and 1 last thing (im new to the xe) where the hell is the idle control valve and temp sensor? any help will be great!

Austin_Nova16
22-11-05, 03:44 PM
mk2 cav 1600 inner cv's (34spline g/box and 22 for the shaft) with nova gte etc 22 spline shafts

on the right its fuel in iirc. Just get a new bit of pipe from the scrappy (same as the common ecotec ones..)

Idle speed control valve in under the inlet manifold....a bastid to get out from top...

Both coolant temp sensors - one for the dial and one for the ecu are at the front drivers side of the engine by the thermostat.

Hope this all helps! Goodluck

DIY*VALVER84
23-11-05, 09:58 AM
got a new brass fitting and pipe on so the fuel leak is sorted. driveshafts on weekend coming but now i cant get the damned thing to start,lol. just keeps turning over and almost firing up.checked the plugs and they are fine as are the leads.so im confused now. cant moan tho got a 100 n 1 other things to do to it yet.when the xe is in and wired up is any of the old nova loom left in?if any one is local to redditch or b'ham then plz cum help me out cuz im a noobie to the vauxhall xe.thanks for the info austin nova!cheers.

Austin_Nova16
23-11-05, 01:15 PM
Nova loom retained is for the starter/alternator circuits as well as water temp sensor wire (for the guage on the dash) which is blue and rev counter which is green.