PDA

View Full Version : to flush or not

Christ
21-11-05, 10:04 PM
Hi this is my first post here. Found a link for the site in Total Vauxhall and thought id take a looksee.

I recently bought a Nova merit and i have just taken it off the road for the winter with big plans. . . I want to keep it simple but still look different in a way. My back window skoosher has a leak somewhere and water is dripping down the rear pillar into the boot so i hav decided to scrap the rear wiper and skoosher, de badge the lid, maybe have a go at delocking it but I dont know whether to flush in the number plate area - I aint seen any examples o this in real life - just magazines.

Any Ideas?

I dont really like the look of having my number plate on the bumper or a sqaure one to the side.

Also, the trim strip that runs along the wing (rubber/plastic about 3 inches wide) is this glues on or has it got pins/tacks?

cheers for any advice/info. :wink:

Dod
21-11-05, 10:23 PM
Skoosher!!! PMSL, classic!!!

The Rubber is stuck on, a heater gun and a bit of patience'll sort it, they give it a good T-cutting.

As for the Boot, it'll depend on the car, what colour is it, Bumpers Body Coloured? IMO Flush boots look well with grey bumpers and relocating the no. plate in the Bumper is easy as. But if you dont want the no. plate in the bumper, dont flush the boot.

Christ
21-11-05, 10:26 PM
haha skoosher seemed as good a name as any 8)

Well a full respray is planned somewhere down the line so anything is possible.

great news about the rubber strip - cheers m8.

Dod
21-11-05, 10:30 PM
Skoosher!!!! Alternitavely, post up a pic and someone'll Photo shop it for you, see what it'll look like.

Cheeze
21-11-05, 11:30 PM
yeah i think you should smooth it mate, even a near standard nova looks good wi it done

Jack
22-11-05, 12:07 AM
Ahhh the art of Skooshing, this was on CCUK a while back :lol:

IMO leave the rear as is, just debadged and de-wipered. I'm not a fan of smooth tailgates....

And as for the leakage, it'll probably be the water hose in the tubing between the shell and tailgate. Has a habit of leaking there.

As fora respray, Mexico Red is a rather fetching colour :wink:

rudeboy69r
22-11-05, 03:48 PM
defo flush the boot it looks great if its dun properly!

novaco
22-11-05, 07:51 PM
As fora respray, Mexico Red is a rather fetching colour :wink:

you and you bloody mexico red!!! :wink:

why not get the celica painted then razor?!?! :lol:

Mike.
22-11-05, 08:41 PM
IMO flushed tailgates have been done to death, i'm not too keen on them no more. get rid of the wiper, or fit a honda jazz rear wiper, and smooth the grab handle.

Ste L
23-11-05, 07:24 PM
Yes, they look good and virtually standard nova's like mine.....

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/2271big2.jpg
if you do it, make sure you do a proper number plate recess, otherwise it will make it looks shit, if you just screw the plate to the bumper

but they have been done to death, so my new project aint havin one....