PDA

View Full Version : 2.L16v Wiring

ross.s
21-11-05, 08:55 PM
I've got a late model c20-xe 2.0 16v red top engine.It is out of a calibra,in the process of fitting it to my nova which started of as a 1.2 lux,the engine does not have a distributer cap it has an eginition module.Basicly i'm stuck with the wiring!
Can anybody supply a wiring diagram or any helpfull information?
Cheers!!

Austin_Nova16
22-11-05, 03:51 PM
Don't really need diagrams, is that easy...

There should be a black wire on the 16v loom near the dispak (ignition pack). This needs to be connected to a switched live.

There is one large red wire which comes out of the loom around the same area as the wires that go to the fuel pump relay. This is a constant live, so put it on the battery.

There are 3 small plugs near the main ecu plug. One just has a red wire with blue trace. Join this directly to the fuel pump wire.

Few earths on the inlet manifold, and your away!

Use nova loom for starter/alternator circuits and use original water temp (blue) and get the rev counter (green) wire from one of the small connectors near the main ecu plug.

If your nova was single point injection previously, grab a fuel pump out of a 'common rail' multipoint fuel injected corsa/astra or similar.... works fine

Hope this all helps!