PDA

View Full Version : Heating!!!!

Marsden
21-11-05, 05:17 PM
hi for a while now my heating has been making a kind off wining noise after wet days!!! but just this morning on the way to work the heater gradually started blowing weaker and then when i got home this afteroon it stopped completely! i have looked into the haynes manual and narrowed it down that it must be the main blower motor, hopefully anyway as this can be changed from under the bonnet. Can someone tell me if this is correct and how much a blower motor should cost?

thanks Ben

Rob-16v
21-11-05, 05:37 PM
ok, sounds like the motor, has it got the cover on it? is there something in it, i found a spark plug box in mine 2 days ago :? (Dont ask). has it been stood at all? mine was stood and i gave it a few taps and now she blows fine. You and get them s/h for bout 5-10 pounds.

Marsden
21-11-05, 05:41 PM
yeah it has a plastic cover over it but not had time tolook, you no with dark nights and stuff. the car has not been stood at all, well apart from saturday to sunday. the motor has basically gradually give up. i will go and check it in a moment just to see if anything is in it. but the funny thing is, is that it stopped working and then started again yesterday but now it has stopped it wont start. wonder if it could be a dodgy connection. only one way to find out i suppose

Rob-16v
21-11-05, 05:49 PM
Mite be the switch.

sickrabbit
21-11-05, 05:53 PM
If its the motor and you cant find one ( or indeed any part to a Nova ) give "Just Novas" a shout . Cant back em enough at present ...very helpful individuals indeed.

Marsden
21-11-05, 06:47 PM
strangest thing just been outside to take a look. so i took the plastic cheap crap that covers the motor and then just fiddled with the motot to check for faulty connections and so on, nothing. so then i just tapped it with my fist and hey presto it came back to life. master with my hands. must be a faulty connection because i tapped it again and it stopped lol. then when i put the plastic stuff pack to cover it i just hit that again and it started. thanks for all your help guys/girls?