PDA

View Full Version : quick rack fitting....easy to do?

doug_sri
21-11-05, 11:05 AM
I am thinking about getting a quick rack. Whats the normal nova lock to lock? 2.5turns for a quick rack i think i read. I am just wondering how easy it is to do. I know it would be easier with the engine out but i never thought of one till after i put the engine in. Will be able to put the car up on a ramp if that makes it any easier

Stuart
21-11-05, 11:17 AM
very very easy... 7nuts/bolts to undo.

a std nova rack is something like 4-5 turns i think...

its a bit of an arse with the engine in teh car but its not too bad, unless yovue got an XE in there....... feck that for a laugh lol.

doug_sri
21-11-05, 11:45 AM
oh, well its a c20xe thats in it. I am changing the gearbox soon and starter motor so might get some more room once these are out maybe. Will have to wait and see. Know of any online places to order one?

Stuart
21-11-05, 12:28 PM
i belive tweeks still sell them for about ?150ish, or RDS motorsport in scotland (do a goolg efor them) the RDS oens are a little mroe expensive but allegedly better made lol.

you will see that you can get a kit for about ?90 but if your not up for swapping the internals out then stick with the extra cash and buy a ready to fit unit. Keep an eye out on egay/forsale forums for the racks, they go fast but you can usually net a bargin i got mine for about ?90 2nd hand

best option is gearbox off for easy job on the XE so it your taking it off anyway then game on.