PDA

View Full Version : Karting

CP
20-11-05, 08:04 PM
I'd just like to post up a big thank you to Jim for organising the karting at MK on saturday teatime.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that it was an excellent laff and much enjoyed by all. Cheers mate!

Conditions were a little on the dicey side -anyone whose tried driving across black ice on tyres with no tread maybe familiar with the interesting sensation we all experienced in a couple of places on the circuit! :lol:
There were a few pileups as a result of this - at one stage the circuit looked more like a dodgems log jam on one particular icey corner but overall the standard of driving was very good as far as I could see. Except for me of course who being as i'm old and decrepit played it dirty by implementing less than gentlemanly tactics wherever possible :wink: :lol: I actually recieved a black flag on the warm up lap which i consider something of an achievement 8) I claimed that I hadn't noticed it cos it was dark :lol:

I like to point out for the record that we let Jim win being as he organised it and we didnt want to appear rude by beating him. :roll: :lol: Actually he was the hotshoe by quite some way and would have won by a large margin if he didn't keep messing about falling behind me and then re- overtaking just to rub my nose in it :lol: His fastest lap time was bloody impressive and he was the worthy winner. I managed to snatch the first loser position from the jaws of victory and Chris came a very creditable 3rd which I think shows his true driving brilliance - he weighs over 120kgs!!!!!!!!! :o
Well done mate - defo the drive of the night!

Final point - I'd like to wish Chris the very best of luck on his travels. See you when you get back mate :D

Stuart
20-11-05, 09:04 PM
ditto. enjoy the penguins chris.

ps charles, there is a "thanks" post from broster down the page ;)

Chris
20-11-05, 10:56 PM
Cheers Charles,

Massive thanks to Jim for putting the hours of organising into this event. People dont realise how much hard work it really is, so hats off to Jim (and gay stu for messing with paypal for the lazy ones of us).

Was a top event but as said very interesting on the ice, I found the best way was to go flat out and drift it across the ice.

Thanks again Jim

Chris

scott.parker
20-11-05, 10:59 PM
As said by chris,massive thanks to jim..

"copy paste from other post,lazy i know"

As said jim real big thanks mate,enjoyed it loads,thanks to everyone els as well who turnd up to make it all happen,was nice to sse you all again,and meet some new members etc.

My shoulders and uper body are aching (riggy said his dont,so i put it down to bing older)

Karting on ice is the most fun i have had in a long time,i think it made it more fun even if i did finish in 18th,i will blame it on the black flag still as i was in 11th till i got called in
Though i was happy to qualify in 7th

Anyway it was more about the fun we all had,lol destuctoin derby on one bend on the first few laps springs to mind..

To put a dampner on the days events though i had a miner set back on the way home,my altantor braket bolt snaped and the earth came off,good job i pulled in to the services..

Thanks agian to jim etc.

And have a good time chris see you when your back.

Scott

bump
20-11-05, 11:00 PM
who's got the photos for those of us that couldn't make it??

cheers
bump

Jim
21-11-05, 11:17 AM
Thanks everyone.

Glad you all enjoyed it. The conditions made it interesting, we had some good tussles eh charles :)

Good luck to Chris, we all wish you well. Let us know when you're coming back and we'll have a "welcome back" karting event :)

Thanks again to you all for making the journey.

Jim