PDA

View Full Version : Trumpet Question

Dod
20-11-05, 11:22 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Dods1/Pic454.jpg

Keith reckons these Trumpets mightn't suit road use and are more for Rally/Track use but isn't 100% sure. Is it true and if so, why? Also, whats the difference in the trumpet length and sizes, any benifti from longer/Shorter items?

slammed saloon
20-11-05, 11:43 AM
they look damn fine to me mate, didnt think it matterd how long or short they were bt i aint a leadin trumpet specialsist so dnt hold me to that

Stuart
20-11-05, 12:01 PM
good for peaky use, but not best for on the road.

mikey14sr
20-11-05, 12:03 PM
Aren't longer trumpets supposed to give more torque due to icreasing the length of the inlet tract or something?

Lee
20-11-05, 12:43 PM
Aren't longer trumpets supposed to give more torque due to icreasing the length of the inlet tract or something?

Spot on.

Mine are stubbys too though, and TBH they were fine for on the road. if your running big power in a Nova, torque becomes less of an issue anyway.

Dod
20-11-05, 02:59 PM
Right, well there isn't gonna be anything Fantastic under the bonnet, a P&P head, Cam, 4 Branch and the 40s, is it worth changing them?

Stuart
20-11-05, 04:06 PM
yes

S_Gault
20-11-05, 05:26 PM
no.. will make no diff what soever to a road engine .. only solves fuel standoff issues.. but you wont have them with a road spec engine

Dod
20-11-05, 05:35 PM
Great stuff Steve, Keiths gonna stick then on for me and then i'll be up to see you about getting them set right in the New Year.

Dan
20-11-05, 05:37 PM
i'll agree here, the difference between long and short trumpets is neglibable. personally i run 16mm trumpets and always have, this allows much greater ease to fit a filter and leave a good space between internal face of filter and face of trumpet (always worked on a 14mm minimum space which is handy if the bulkhead still exists)

Ive tried both and didnt see any real gain, not worth worrying about unless every single little bit means win or loose like on a motorsport engine.

(ps if longer is for torque how is the power range explained on mine :P )

Thats my silly ways and findings anyway