PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom is a pain

sickrabbit
18-11-05, 05:44 PM
I aint no mincer when it comes to pain , but ive learnt 2 hard lessons of late . It was always a thought of mine that anyone who complains of a bad back ( we all know at least 1 person ) to be a right lightwieght and skivver . Wrong . Having had a bad back I can vouch - they aint funny .
The second is wisdom teeth . Some people on this earth need em inserting - I want mine removed . The lower back teeth of my left side is currently swollen to feck and hurts like a menace . If I could chew a razor blade to cut the gum and release the pressure I would , but bluddy gillette only supply safety razors ......

just wait till the next time I see David Beckham - I,ve a few things to tell that young man ...indeed !!

the best a man can get - MY AR*E!!

burgo
18-11-05, 05:54 PM
i usually have back pain due to my back being to curved. there is a technical term for it but fook knows what it is

Timmy
18-11-05, 05:56 PM
old men always moaning , hee hee

burgo
18-11-05, 06:00 PM
im bludi 20 :evil:

Kinky Monza
18-11-05, 06:18 PM
i too know what back pain feels like i suffered for 9 months while pregnant
all day every day it hurts like hell but not alot can be done
i do a bit with peoples backs and horses im not qualified but know what im doing i can put a sacro illiac joint back in correct place etc etc

burgo do you suffer with osteo parosis (not sure on spelling)

sickrabbit
18-11-05, 06:20 PM
Burgo - serious advise me old mate .....if you,ve a troublesome back of any sort , DRINK TONS OF WATER EVERYDAY . Honest mate , a psyio gave me this advice - apparently backs produce tons of lactic acid , when strained - water helps to break it down ( I,ll stick to Special Brew ) -and also keep it covered and warm at all times .

Its Friday night - chips night and I cant eat a thing......lifes a bitch , but then again I do need to lose wieght .

bump
18-11-05, 06:29 PM
burgo it's called scoliosis.

i know back pain. screwed mine up after a wonderful snowboarding accident a couple of years ago.

i now hate small french children :evil:

burgo
18-11-05, 06:32 PM
i aint got a clue what its called and ive never seen anyone about it i just keep it warm and try not to stand up for to long and alls good. this tip about drinking water does it work with beer aswell lol?? then i can get pissed and say its medicinal (sp) ;)

bump
18-11-05, 06:36 PM
a mate of mine suffers really badly with it.

beer wont help as it dehydrates (sp??) you
keep it warm though mate

sickrabbit
18-11-05, 06:45 PM
It dont work mate - beer for water . You only end up with a worse back , cos youve fallen asleep in either a funny position fully clothed with a kebab , or in a funny position .
Serious mate - the water thing does help - but - dont think downin a pint or 6 every day works ...sip it gradually and your body absorbs it . If you just gulp it down ( like nearly everyone does ) you,ll pee most of it away...

Jack
18-11-05, 11:29 PM
I have a wonky back too, if someone puts me in a position that makes my spine straight I feel like i'm standing with one leg in a hole lmfao

Caused by carrying too many heavy books to school :(

ade
19-11-05, 01:02 AM
backs produce lactic acid?

So would that account for severe heart burn??

I'm sure I pulled a muscle moving house about 18 months ago and ever since Ive had serious stromach acid. Put it down to job stress and the move etc. Got so bad by doc gave me ant acid tablets called omeprozole - they worked for the course but the minute I stopped taking them it came flooding back. Strangely of late I've not been suffering so much ( not taking the pills) but find that if I go round a sharpish left hander my left side twinges.

:?

And as for wisdom teeth probs

:x

had my left bottom one out years ago and it was agony - he numbed my jaw and had to crack the tooth (it was impacted) I was fine till I left the surgery at which point I whitied and collapsed with a serious head rush - went all cold, then hot and had to sit with my head in my knees for about 30 minutes!

Talk about pain for days afterwards! :o He packed the hole with mingin tea leaf like stuff (antiseptic wadding) that tasted foul!

The other side is not starting to come through - it brake the skin about 2 years ago but coz its at the back I get food n stuff stuck in it and it smells bad - have to floss and gargle with mouth wash every day. Dentist also suggested gargling with warm salt water

Yeah - like I wanna chuck me guts up every morning!
:evil:

Kinky Monza
19-11-05, 11:41 AM
stomach acid or acid reflux is caused when your stomach has pressure
on it i suffered badly as most women do in pregnancy if you have back trouble (if spine twisted /pulled muscle/curved spine)
they all alter your body as you try to compensate for the pain by altering your posture thus moving internal organs causing acid reflux because the valve to the bit where acid is in stomach opens after changing posture

try physio or chiropractor or osteopath to correct posture

sickrabbit
19-11-05, 12:22 PM
the gals right...
if you suffer with acidity , or serious heartburn - suck a polo mint .
peppermint if natures natural antiseptic of sorts - this may help.
Crickey this has turned into a medical forum.....

Please dont bring up the subject of piles ....lol

hendrix
19-11-05, 01:03 PM
ive got scoliosis, pretty bad too, ppl used to call me hunchback at school :roll:
thank god i didnt have to have the op!! :o
andy

Kinky Monza
19-11-05, 09:49 PM
who put your back right :?:
backs are not something that you can leave a friend of mine put his back out moving a concrete gate post it turned out that whilst he was seeing a chiropractor they made it worse when he saw the osteopath they said he damaged a disk even though it was sciatica to start with he now has to have an operation on it and could end up paralysed

so if you have back trouble get it sorted

Jim
19-11-05, 10:29 PM
I did my back in the other week whilst working on my car. I've had two sessions at the osteopath and apparently my lower back muscles went into spazm which basically limited my movement.

I've never been to an osteopath before and it's such a strange sensation having your bones loosened and then your back being cracked. She also massaged the area, and again, i've never had a massage before and they really hurt, lol.

As previously said, back problems should not be ignored.

Jim

sickrabbit
19-11-05, 10:55 PM
know this only too well mate ...in the summer I went to a sports pysio who first used ultra sound on torn muscle and then forced me by manhandling me into the most ungodly position whan all of a sudden my back cracked so loudly , I felt something give and nearly passed out...

Its never been the same since , and to top it off , if you speak to people who,ve also suffered they,ll tell you , you,ll never be the same again and to go careful. The first time of a twinge...stop whatever youre doing ....

Its ruined my sex life - I can only manage it twice before breakfast now ...

Philsutton
20-11-05, 11:53 AM
i did my back the other week at work, had a chair lifting contest with the security guard lol. It kind of just went an it fooking hurt as well.

sickrabbit
22-11-05, 11:11 AM
Just came back from the gob doctor ( shes so fit for a dentist ) and it seems I,ve got an infection. Antibiotics for a week and NO ALCOHOL WHATSOEVER !!!
This will have a strange affect I,m sure . Living on soup for a week will shed pounds , but no booze all will certainly steady the hand - therefore time for a week long bout no the Playstation.

Look after those teeth folks.

sickrabbit
22-11-05, 06:32 PM
Good grief...I,m on the flamin cieling in pain here folks ..a serious word to the wise ..IF you feel any discomfort on the old wisdom teeth - GET TO A DENTIST.
This aint funny ....