PDA

View Full Version : its so cold in there !

DISCO GSI
17-11-05, 12:25 PM
its winter, its freezing and my bloody heater has packed in on my gsi!

it only works on the trird setting "badly i might add" can someone tell me what how to sort it and how much of a job it will be?

ps. even on the third setting its not that loud or hot!

Aragorn
17-11-05, 12:33 PM
new blower motor will sort the levels of blow

as for it not being hot thats another problem entrirely

MattNova
17-11-05, 01:24 PM
yeah, mine did the same last year, turned out to be a knackered bearing, got a new motor from the scrappy for ?8, fitted it myself (can be a bit of an arse) now its fine :D

orange_andy
17-11-05, 03:57 PM
get it sorted before its ice cold, my old old car heater went it was a case of get up for work, start driving COULDNT SEE A THING DUE TO NOT BEEN ABLE TO DE MIST UR WINDSCREEN, you will be driving with your head out the window lol

rudeboy69r
17-11-05, 04:25 PM
it might just be the heater cable! if it blows cold air but not warm its prob that. hope that helps.

Jim
17-11-05, 04:28 PM
it might just be the heater cable! if it blows cold air but not warm its prob that. hope that helps.

He could have a point. My heater was blowing cold air last o matter what setting i turned the dial too. It turned out that the cable was catching behind the dash. If you look behind the centre console you should see the cable. With the heaters switched on and set to hot air, try pushing the cable up slightly and see if that solves it.

Jim

Adam
17-11-05, 06:06 PM
Mehh, who needs heaters anyways :wink: :lol:

I would also start by checking the actual connection from the temp control.

The heater not being hot, is usually a heater matrix problem.

CorsaNova
17-11-05, 10:12 PM
what does the heater-system consist of really?...

Isn't it just a valve-controller that keeps sending the cool water from the engine thru a pipe that goes into the cabine?

You can adjust the position of this controller by switching it up/down at the heater located down under the dash...

I did this recently because the wire had snapped, so now the heater in my nova is in "winter-position" :wink:

You might even be able to get some heat in the cabine if the fan doesn't work as long as you adjust the heater in right position...

what else might break down in a heater-system?

DISCO GSI
18-11-05, 11:00 AM
i never have it blowing cold air anyway as its never that hot and if it is warm i just open the windows! all i want is it to blow hot and hard! a bit like i like my birds! i have a new blower on the way so i will try and get it changed next weekend!

Philsutton
18-11-05, 11:08 AM
Mehh, who needs heaters anyways

lol not me, i shall be ripping mine out soon

dunova
18-11-05, 11:23 AM
As said-Broken cable?
Air lock in coolant system?
Stuck thermostat?
Fecked heater matrix?

Aragorn
18-11-05, 02:41 PM
youve already said the fan doesnt run in positions 1 and 2 which means the resistor pack is dead, so u need to replace the fan assembly

once uve done that and get it blowing correctly THEN look at the cable linkage etc on the left hand side of the heaterbox and adjust/replace it as neccesary