PDA

View Full Version : *** Insurance on Any Car ***

Andy87
17-11-05, 11:23 AM
Just wanna know if its possible for yourself to be insured on any car. By that i mean if you get insured on your own car and your policy lets you drive any other car, but not all the time.

Basically just wanna know if i buy a car from someone and i have to collect it , and it aint insured for me, how the f**K do i get it to mine.

probert_nova
17-11-05, 12:24 PM
how old are you, most insurers let you drive another car if your over 21 and if the other car is insured by someone else. eiher read the small print on your policy or phone them up though as yours may be different. i know some people who can drive any car and it doesn't have to be insured by anyone else. other alternative is get the car insured,swapped over for the day/month etc.

Jack
17-11-05, 05:58 PM
^ check that - afaik a lot have insurers have risen that to 25 or stopped offering it. Although HIC used to do it, and CIS used to on their TPFT policies.

You can usually add the car for a day or so, call your insurer and ask. CIS added a temporary car to my policy for a week a while back for ?5 (admittedly they totally fcuked it up though, surprise surprise).

Ben
04-12-05, 03:28 AM
I can drive/own any car except american/canadian cars wether or not it mine or not and i pay ?680 pa

Will
05-12-05, 02:28 PM
traders policy ben?

who is that with out of interest and presume its 25's+