PDA

View Full Version : MY NOVA IS GONE

irish.nova
15-11-05, 06:59 PM
Well my nova is gone now.Some scumbags stole it on sunday and wrote it off while i was gone to a meet up the country in one of the lads cars.
The front bumber was gone and the side of the car at the rear is destroyed and The whole body of the car is bent. They must have pulled a handbrake turn and hit a car with the side of the nova.
I was just after lowering the car 40mm two days before and new shocks were put in the front when i lowered it.
The car was left in Cork city at 5:30 parcked outside a hospital and across the road from a busy garage and i got a phone call about 4 hours later from the guards saying my car was above in the station and that it had been stolen.
They havent told me anything they said theyd ring me to let me know when i can collect my car.

Just lets you know you cant leave your car any where these days and you have to get an alarm before you do anything with a car :evil: :(

Dod
15-11-05, 07:12 PM
Shit, is it written off? is it insured as Modified mate? Hopefully, its not burned, there's bound to be plenty salvagable tho. Buy another up here and my men'll sort it for you.

burgo
15-11-05, 10:25 PM
you have to get an alarm before you do anything with a car :evil: :(

i thought this was obvious

ade
15-11-05, 10:29 PM
alarm wont stop most thieves.

You need proper security (alarm, immobaliser) and other deterants like steering and crook lock, removeable steering wheel, removeable ecu/rotor arm etc...

anything to slow them down until someone sees them looking suspicious...

Ste L
15-11-05, 10:53 PM
or a garage 8)

its true, thoough, alarms on thier own can be ripped out in seconds....
or car thief's play games like keep setting it off, untll you decided to leave it off, cos you think something is wrong with it etc etc then pow, they take it

herts-nova
16-11-05, 07:21 PM
Not always alarms can stop theft of cars or anything else, my mate brought and got a CAT 1 alarm installed on his car but, after a month or 2 of it being fitted, sum guys broke in and stole hes sub and amp, that was worth ?200 or more.

u cant do anything about it apart from parking it in your garage or sumwhere really safe.

antinator
17-11-05, 07:50 PM
yea think of it this way how many times do u look outta the window when sum1 car alarms goes off.....
just have 2 take it that way and do whats stated above.....doublely if u got a nova as these can be opened with a standard screwdriver........

Mike
20-11-05, 02:26 PM
a nova as these can be opened with a standard screwdriver........

aint that the truth! :|

possibley the easiest car to break and enter ever made! :wink:

Jack
20-11-05, 03:48 PM
possibley the easiest car to break and enter ever made! :wink:
Nope, thats the Mk2 Astra afaik... apparently its all over the top 10 list of most TWOC-ed cars :lol:

Dod
20-11-05, 05:31 PM
Its Pug 106s in Dublin, everywhere you look theres 1 burned out at the road side, Antway, Jack, how do you find this info?

Jack
20-11-05, 06:05 PM
I am a fountain of knowledge :lol:

Remember reading it in the paper a while back actually.