PDA

View Full Version : exhaust noise limit?!?!?!?

rudeboy69r
14-11-05, 08:35 PM
on my 1.2 i have a piper back box. it is soo loud u can hear it at the end of the street.. and i have had so many complaints about it. is there a desibel (i no i cant spell) limit on exhausts on cars? and what is it i dont want to be pulled every day..

General Baxter
14-11-05, 08:38 PM
98db at 5m i think

Jack
14-11-05, 10:57 PM
In terms of MOT the guide is a bit vague, seems to be down to whether the MOT tester consideres it too loud for the type of car:

b. a silencer in such condition, or of such a type, that the noise emitted from the vehicle is clearly unreasonably above the level expected from a similar vehicle with a silencer in average condition.

probert_nova
15-11-05, 12:28 AM
i was told by my local MOT station that they're suspose to fail any car with a big bore exhaust. but they said they won't.

Philsutton
15-11-05, 11:07 AM
police will say that any exhausts louder than standard are illegal, but its down to what the mot station to decide whether it is too loud. But if they deem it too loud then they will take the liecence off the mot station because they can.

Nova_Houch7
15-11-05, 02:17 PM
Best thing to do is get an M.O.T'er that u knw sumhow, cuz he might let u off a few things like that, my exhaust is clearly too loud, but i like it like that, it will sumtimes set off a couple of house alarm few doors down. Jus incase u wanna know wat exhaust i have see my profile of the SR. n Write wat u think of it, any1 who wants a video let me know, cuz im thinkin of takin sum videos of it soon

Stuart
15-11-05, 02:36 PM
hmmm google needs to add a "wanker -> english" section to interpret some of this new fangled chav language

Philsutton
15-11-05, 03:50 PM
^^ no i reckon a big bear trap with shiny plastic rings an chains in would be a better plan to end this retard talk.

Nova_Houch7
15-11-05, 04:21 PM
are u guys referring to me, cuz i hate chavs tbh !!!! wit their gold chains and sovereign rings,

Jim
15-11-05, 04:42 PM
are u guys referring to me, cuz i hate chavs tbh !!!! wit their gold chains and sovereign rings,
We're referring to people that can't type or spell properly. There is no excuse for pour grammar on the internet. You are not limited to a certain number of characters like you are with a mobile phone. All 26 letters of the alphabet are laid out in front of you, so you don't have to tap the same number 3 or 4 times to get the required letter.

So, ask yourself this:

Do I fall into the category of people that use "text type" on the internet?

If so, then I'm sorry, but you're just as ?chavvy? as this lovely example:

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/chav-34074.jpg

Jim

rudeboy69r
16-11-05, 09:56 PM
f*ck you. why dont u like people like that not all off us mug people and smoke and shit. and anyway ur all just jelous becuase your all old and past it!

Riggy
16-11-05, 11:11 PM
:roll: :roll:

novamadcars
16-11-05, 11:29 PM
:evil:

novamadcars
16-11-05, 11:29 PM
f*ck you. why dont u like people like that not all off us mug people and smoke and s**t. and anyway ur all just jelous becuase your all old and past it!

wow someones got out of thair pram :(

Jon_nova1
17-11-05, 03:06 AM
Yep according to the law its illegal to have a zorst if theres a quieter alternative available, so really its only legal to have standard one, unless theres a quieter one than that.

I get the same, i've not touched my zorst since i got it...well i adjusted it so it sits higher, and its a straight through pipe, with no CAT or mid box, and its just got a big bore on the end and everyone knoes when i've arrived :oops:

Jim Pot kettle black mate, its meant to be poor :P

as for being old and past it...im 20 :)

Jack
17-11-05, 08:03 PM
i was told by my local MOT station that they're suspose to fail any car with a big bore exhaust. but they said they won't.
Subarus are screwed then... oh well, shame :lol:

Do the police have any specific laws for stopping cars that they deem are "too loud"?

f*ck you. why dont u like people like that not all off us mug people and smoke and s**t. and anyway ur all just jelous becuase your all old and past it!
LMFAO sig quote alert :lol:

Philsutton
17-11-05, 08:06 PM
if i knew what you just wrote i'd take the piss but as of yet its just a loose collection of what could be called words