PDA

View Full Version : rust!!!

Slips82
13-11-05, 11:41 PM
My new Nova is a red 1.2L, I have started to trim it up with body bits
nicked from an old SR. problem is the back right hand side arch is rusting
from the inside out & the paint is starting to bubble up! I fear that if I start to play about with it I will open a big can of worms & not have the time or skill to fix it.
Is there any1 in the Lincoln area that can help me to fix this or knows of sum1 that could.

:snipersm: thanks guys.

rudeboy69r
14-11-05, 08:26 PM
if u wana do it properly sand it down prime it and paint it......
or just leave it to fall to bits! mine was like that now iv finished sanding it all and primed it and its goin 4 a respray soon..

craig green
19-11-05, 06:08 PM
Any bodyshop could sort the rust or even cut out the arch & weld in a repair panel. Dosent sound like its too bad. Most modded Nova's are probaly fixed up with repair panels.

rudeboy69r
20-11-05, 09:20 PM
mines had no new panels sum bits are fiberglassed and filled but couldnt be boferd to buy new panels but mine looks good now anyway so

Mike.
20-11-05, 10:20 PM
you can sand and fill the rust all you like but it won't stop the rust at all, your fighting a losing battle doing that, the best thing to do is get a new rear arch panel, cut the old one off and weld in the new one.

bump
20-11-05, 10:48 PM
i'll second mike on that. i've spent half of today grinding back one of the transits in a vague attept to sure it up till spring and i can tackle it properly (again) :roll: