PDA

View Full Version : Decisions decisions...

mad-driver
13-11-05, 11:20 PM
Right...

Now comes the time when i need to upgrade the brakes, i have some 15inch Oz Superleggera's on the way next week so i can fit bigger brakes on my car.

Now i've been thinking about a 288 V6 upgrade kit which will cost me around 180 quid. Do you guys think im being silly paying all that much when i could get 16v brakes with ATE calipers? The reason i ask is i dont really know how good the ATE ones are. Is it worth spending the extra money to get the V6 Vectra upgrade?

Sam

Adam
14-11-05, 12:33 AM
I've seen sets of 308mm brakes go on Ebay for ?120.
I wouldn't pay ?180 for 288mm stuff.

TBH i would just go for 256mm valver brakes, cheaper to buy, and cheaper to replace pads etc, and still a lot better than solid nova brakes.You should be able pick up valver stuff for ?40 complete, to bolt on, best to change discs and pads if there a bit worn.
V6 may need redrilled discs, and spigot rings to suit 4stud hub. Whereas 256 goes straight on.

You could then put the money you've saved by getting 256mm brakes towards suspension :wink:

:)

mad-driver
14-11-05, 12:24 PM
good idea Ad lol, i can get the conversion kit which goes straight onto my car but as you say i might aswell go for valver items

speak to ya on msn sometime matey

cheers 8)