PDA

View Full Version : Fibre Glass GSI Bumpers!!!!Any Good?

Simes
13-11-05, 07:42 PM
Fibreglass bumpers as above. ive seen these for sale but are they any good or is it best to opt for original gm/vauxhall jobbies?

ade
13-11-05, 09:23 PM
go for original GM - you can get second hand (good condition) from most breakers yards for under ?40. Try Dixons vauxhall spares (they have a website).

Fibreglass ones are okay - theyre lighter - but depending on where you get them from the quality may be a bit ropey (different thicknesses of fibreglass, gel coat cracks etc)

TBH for the price and extra work you have to do to make them fit (ie you have to attach it to the carriage bar which means bodging some kind of fibreglass attachment to the bar) youre better off getting the original bumper - whic just clips on and bolts in place...

IMO of course...

novaco
13-11-05, 09:53 PM
i agree with ade!

i had an abyss front bumper as i thought it was basicaly a smooth bigmouthed gsi!!

but then when i cam to fit it and relised that it would need trimming and i would need sum way ov putting the carrying iron on i just gave up and went for the good old GM gsi bumper with a splitter

Karl

Simes
13-11-05, 09:56 PM
cheers both for the comments, i think i will have to go OE.

Martin
14-11-05, 05:44 PM
so do vaux dealers still sell them because my mum stud on mine and has f**kd it??

novaco
14-11-05, 07:03 PM
Yes vauxhall still sell the GSi bumper!

Dod
14-11-05, 07:26 PM
so do vaux dealers still sell them because my mum stud on mine and has f**kd it??

The Bitch, i hope you smacked her!!! Yeah Vauxhall still do them but they work out near 100stg, buy a second hand one, it'll be already painted. Vauxhall ones usually come unprimed and extremely difficult to get a good texture on them.

novaco
14-11-05, 07:39 PM

The Bitch, i hope you smacked her!!!

LMAO!!!

very true though Dod Very true :lol:

ade
14-11-05, 11:57 PM
you can buy 2 types the bobbled and a smooth one. TBH 2nd hands the way to go - theres plenty out there (look in the sales section on here).

Martin
15-11-05, 09:56 AM
oki cheers,,, but if i was going to buy a brand spanker, which time should i get???? and no i didnt slap her,,, shes an animal she'd kill me....but shes paying for it soo mite as well get a new 1 8)

Dod
15-11-05, 03:44 PM
If you're colour coding, smooth, if not get the Un primed Grey one. Be sure you cheak that you got the right one at the time, vuz my local Opel Dealeship are as stupid as a brain dead worm!!

Ste L
15-11-05, 07:16 PM
anyone got the part numbers for both types?