PDA

View Full Version : well wtf

orange_andy
13-11-05, 02:20 PM
seemed like there was loud rattling coming from the engine bay cudnt really see where from jus rattling quite loud an violand :S an the car doesnt pick up speed smoothly ie second pput ur foot down an u feel it pull then it stops then carries on well what the hell is going on with the nova

Adam
13-11-05, 05:19 PM
Could be lots of things.

But if its affecting the drive, then could be a Cv joint, wheel bearing?

Timmy
13-11-05, 05:25 PM
fuel line carb blockige?

orange_andy
13-11-05, 05:35 PM
dunno deffo not pickin up properly an makin a vibration noise or wiered noise sumtimes when its still, gota drive 120 miles in 35mins so i fuckn hope it gets me home

Adam
13-11-05, 09:04 PM
dunno deffo not pickin up properly an makin a vibration noise or wiered noise sumtimes when its still, gota drive 120 miles in 35mins so i f**k hope it gets me home
Well, if its a cv joint or bearing gone, i wouldn't be driving anywhere.
The bearing can break completely down and start to weld it self.
And Cv joints can completely go, and leave you with no drive at all.

But looking at the time you posted your post, you are probably on the road now,lol.

orange_andy
13-11-05, 09:15 PM
WELLLLLLLLLLL SO I DIDNT BREAK DOWN.....

like i said if u put ur foot down u feel the car pick up then it like stops then carries on its weird, any ways was doin alrite jus making sure i stuck to one speed but due to busy motorway and awfull drivers i had to pick up speed and stuff, any ways, i wasnt picking up in 5th at 60, so i went to 4th, no pick up just revved, went to 3rd nothing so i pulled over, lifted bonnet, put sum extra oil in even tho it dont really need it i dont think, and i was away taking it carefully i got home,, the guy said he last did the oil around 8 months ago, dya rekon shit oil n goo could be causing the car to not pick up correctly??? oh well its going in a garage asap

Adam
14-11-05, 12:39 AM
the guy said he last did the oil around 8 months ago, dya rekon s**t oil n goo could be causing the car to not pick up correctly??? oh well its going in a garage asap
Hrm, not really no.

The oil in my old engine hadn't been changed for a good few years what i had known of, and the engine was fine.

Lee
14-11-05, 04:56 PM
take the filter off the carb completely, Spray some carb cleaner down the carb while the engines running. Rev the engine to about 3500 RPM and stick the palm of your hand (preferably with a glove on) over the carb inlet. Hopefully this will dislodge any shit blocking the jets up due to the vacuum you'll create. I used to have to do this all the time with my 1.8 Cav cos i couldnt be arsed to have the carb cleaned properly. If this cures it, change your fuel filter.

orange_andy
16-11-05, 10:14 AM
cheers, before i did anything it seemed to be ok, so i went an got some redex, put that down the petrol tank with the petti, seems to be ok now,

finally got the hang of startn without stalling,

although today i think i had the prob most people get, car cuts out when cold :S first time its ever done it for me, drove about 20mins, then it cut out for no reason then mins later cut out again when i stoped, damn the carb, other than that NOVA ROCKS