PDA

View Full Version : confuuuuusssssssssed!!!!!

sherwood
12-11-05, 04:36 PM
just converted my 1 litre nova into a 1.4 sr and had to change a couple of bits on the loom. everything seemed to be ok until i rewired my amp. it works when the engine is off but as soon as i start the car it doesnt want to play fair, and stops workin.

its prob something simple an im being thick but i cant see anything wrong.

any help would be appreciated :D

cheers sherwood

will post picks of conversion soon.

nistec
12-11-05, 05:06 PM
all you have done is stick a live from + battery terminal to your amp and an earth from the amp to the body?

or am i going down the wrong diagnosis tracks here?

any more info pal? whats wired to what etc

sherwood
12-11-05, 05:41 PM
i've got the live to the battery and an earth to the body, a remote to the haedunit and the red and white aux leads to the headunit.

im thinkin down the lines of, maybe the ortinator is wired backwards or something??? but then would the car work at all??? im not a mechanic so not sure.

the amp works but not when the engine is running. so i dont think that it would be any of the amp wiring.

sherwood

nistec
12-11-05, 06:08 PM
check your alternator wiring, how long have you been running the car like this? if its a long time and you have never ran the battery down then it wont be that but its worth checking, without getting my multimeter out and having a look in person i cant help ya much more coz i cant think of ANYTHING at the moment

www.carmechanicsmag.co.uk

post on the electrical forum on there

sherwood
12-11-05, 06:50 PM
i did the conversion last week and have been driving it for about 5 days, also ive noticed the dash lights only come on dim but when i drive for a couple of mins they briten up again. how should the ortenator be wired??? i'll check how it should be against how it is wired.. cheers mate

sherwood

addgsi
12-11-05, 07:10 PM
mine was doing this this week get some1 to rev it and look at the earth strap on the alternator is its sparkin its arcing out on the block