PDA

View Full Version : gsi rev counter problems!

loftusnovagsi
11-11-05, 02:00 AM
this is going to sound strange but what has basically happened is since i have had the car (nearly 2yrs) the rev counter hasnt worked, it doesnt particulaly bother me anymore but id just loike to see if anyone could help. i have tried everything i can think off from trying new clocks, new coil and fully re-wiring it in! i have had friends looking at it and still no joy! any ideas????!!!!??? anything would be appreciated. cheers

herts-nova
11-11-05, 12:01 PM
hey i dont know alot about cars, but i do know that you need a special wire from the rev counter(clocks) to the gear box. Do you know if the clocks you have are the oringal clocks or have they been changed? if so then your gear box might not be abdapted to a rev counter. I wanted a rev counter in my nova but it would be to much hassel at the mo to fit one.

OR i could be completly wrong, and talking crap. lol

Hope that might help.

bump
11-11-05, 03:53 PM
you only need the green wire from the coil, as vaux are lazy the fir a pretty much standard loom in for each model. eg mk1 carb & sr. gte/gsi if i remember correctly have a slightly differnt loom in. so all wiring should be there.

if you wire from the coil is showing good continuity then i would suggest the earth from the counter is not making contact. or it's just knackered.

Spudly
11-11-05, 07:13 PM
This one has been puzzling me for ages its an original gsi the orig clocks in it (my mates car) we tried my sr clocks in it an they didnt work but his GSi ones in mine and they did work so its definately summat to do with the wirin, does anyone know which wire the rev counter uses for the earth cos thats got me thinkin now with bumphere jus said its the only avenue left we havent explored!!!!
Any help would be appreciated peeps cheers!!

bump
11-11-05, 10:28 PM
the clocks all earth through the circit film on the back of the clocks. all i can think of is that it's not making a good connection to the circuit film on the back of the clock module.