PDA

View Full Version : hazard light help

orange_andy
10-11-05, 11:04 PM
well got a sr, sum tit of a mate went an pull me light out to put it in upside down, then the hazards wouldnt go off, unless i toook it out , but then indicators dont work. few days later threough havin to press it it happened again till i whacked it back in then fine. then tonite someone knocked it again,,, sorted it, untill u turn hte car OFF then for sum reason the hazards jus flash,, any ideas any one, mayb jus need a new hazard plug ? at the mo seems like i got take me hazard out now when i get out the car and then carefully put it back in when i wanna drive off to use me indicators.

Riggy
10-11-05, 11:08 PM
lol dont know how someone can knock your hazzard switch lol :lol:

but yes sounds like the switch has broke , either replace it or take in apart and remove the springs , but then it will work other way round as in pull for on and push for off i think :lol:

Stoo
10-11-05, 11:10 PM
?26 new from Vx

Adam
10-11-05, 11:11 PM
but yes sounds like the switch has broke , either replace it or take in apart and remove the springs , but then it will work other way round as in pull for on and push for off i think :lol:
Yeah, thats what i had to do with mine, i touched the switch once and it broke :roll: :lol:

Riggy
10-11-05, 11:21 PM
lol i have 3 spare :lol:

orange_andy
10-11-05, 11:23 PM
all u do is need the new hazard switch then ??? if u got 3 spare ill buy one of u then ??? how much ?

Adam
10-11-05, 11:27 PM
Take the switch out.
Take it apart (abit fiddly)
and take the springs out.

Then put it back together, put it back in the car.

You then pull it out to switch it on, and push it in to switch it off.

Thats what the "unbreakable" switch is that they sell on ebay etc.
It wont break again, and passes MOT etc which a broken switch wont do :)

orange_andy
10-11-05, 11:28 PM
there isnt any screws in it,, dya jus take it apart carefully ? so i jus pull the springs out put it back together n go see if it works??? if so ill go do it now cheers ,, av u had to do this before like ?

Adam
10-11-05, 11:33 PM
there isnt any screws in it,, dya jus take it apart carefully ? so i jus pull the springs out put it back together n go see if it works??? if so ill go do it now cheers ,, av u had to do this before like ?
Yeah, i have done it on mine.
You have to lever the inside of the switch out of the outer casing.

orange_andy
10-11-05, 11:35 PM
im trrying now avin no luck at all

Adam
10-11-05, 11:55 PM
im trrying now avin no luck at all
Keep at it.
Watch it tho, because when i did mine the screwdriver slipped and nearly went through my hand :roll: :lol:

Spudly
11-11-05, 06:57 PM
Thats what the "unbreakable" switch is that they sell on ebay etc.
It wont break again, and passes MOT etc which a broken switch wont do :)

Thats real annoying lol its so simple but why the hell have i or any of my mates not thought of that before ive been drivin round with me hazard switch wedged in for ages cos my mate busted mine, jus done it with an old one and et voila an instant unbreakable switch lol cheers guys!!!

Spudly
12-11-05, 11:07 AM
I had 3 spare switches and when i took em apart to take out the springs i found there was a little plastic clip that sits at one side, this falls out inside and thats how it breaks jus put it bk in and re-assemble and there you go good as new!!!!

orange_andy
12-11-05, 11:30 AM
ahhh this lil sqaure thing fell out with a lil number on it, tried putting it back in but it has to tiny lil clips on the bottom of it an they were nackered, fancy selling me one of ur switches son ill jus post you some money