PDA

View Full Version : rear seat belts needed for an mot or not?

SRlew
10-11-05, 09:28 PM
well. i put me seats back in for the time being, but havent put the rear seatbelts in.

i think i read somewhere that you only need rear seatbelts if it got 8 or more seats or somthing.

is this right?
will i be ok on that for the mot?

help apprieciated if someone can shed some light on this, lew

probert_nova
10-11-05, 09:33 PM
i think if you have rear seats in then you have to have rear seat belts in. depends how picky and strict ya MOT station is though.

novamadcars
10-11-05, 09:34 PM
im pretty sure you would have 2 have seatbelts in the back for an mot as the car was made with them in the back but if you have a striped out backend with no seats its not a problem hope this helps

SRlew
10-11-05, 09:39 PM
umm, cheers for your replys guys.

now i gotta decide wether i can be arsed to put the seat belts back in or just take the back seats out again.

i thought i might of gotten away with it as my brothers XR2 came with no rear belts, but its a C reg.

also on MOT certificates it says somthing about seatbelts, but they always put N/A throught it :?

Philsutton
10-11-05, 09:44 PM
if you have no rear seats then they cant test them ect.. but if you have rear seats then you need the belts unless of course yours in an early one which didnt come with them. Although on the 5 door they put no rear seats on advisory wft

probert_nova
10-11-05, 09:48 PM
just take the seats out, much quicker and they carn't have ya on faulty buckles and crap like that

SRlew
10-11-05, 09:54 PM
looks like i'll have to sort that out tommorow aswell then.

cheers guys, lew

Stuart
10-11-05, 10:02 PM
if its C reg or later and has rear seats fitted then it needs functioning rear seat belts

burgo
10-11-05, 11:39 PM
my sr didnt have rear seat belts :), aint got a rear end either now lol

powermaps
11-11-05, 07:43 AM
also on MOT certificates it says somthing about seatbelts, but they always put N/A throught it :?

For busses and minibuses etcetc the belts have to be tested. - not just like a car when they check it is htere, and not frayed!!!

Col_Mk1
11-11-05, 12:10 PM
my c reg nova has no seat belts and has rear seats that passies an mot :)

F188CHG
11-11-05, 12:45 PM
Dont need to have them but if fitted thay must work,In older cars rear belts was an optional extra :wink: