PDA

View Full Version : C20 XE or C20LET???

Simes
09-11-05, 09:52 PM
I'm looking to do an engine conversion during the winter and i have the dilemma of the above, do i fit the XE reasonable gains in performance, low maintenance and not too much hassle plus the added bonus of a bit more traction,
or.
do i fit the LET a bit more work (massive cut out for bumper!!! not nice) and lack of traction, very expensive if all goes wrong but the bonus of a dump valve and ass twitching speed!!!
Please give me your comments as i am really stuck!!!!! id love a turbo but are they practical enough!!!

Stoo
09-11-05, 09:54 PM
XE Useable power

burgo
10-11-05, 12:23 AM
xe and with the money you save buy yourself a real skanky whore

powermaps
10-11-05, 08:30 AM
XE Useable power

you get the same traction in an XE as you do in a LET

You also get the same usable power in the XE, as you do in the LET. It's called taking our foot off throttle.

I have had 4 N/A cars, and now on my third turbo. I would NEVER go part to n/a !

Stoo
10-11-05, 11:06 AM
WEll done for you mate!!!

Lee H
10-11-05, 02:02 PM
I currently have both an XE and a LET and I would take the LET anytime if its performance you want. My XE is just a daily driver and I think a standard XE Nova's performance is pretty overrated tbh.

Will F
10-11-05, 02:38 PM
I have an XE GTE as a daily dog too.

XE power in the Nova isnt really overrated. Its just that you have the LET which is a lot quicker.
Show me a car for less than a grand, quicker in a straight line.

Lots of fun!

Lee H
10-11-05, 02:44 PM
I have an XE GTE as a daily dog too.

XE power in the Nova isnt really overrated. Its just that you have the LET which is a lot quicker.
Show me a car for less than a grand, quicker in a straight line.

Lots of fun!

I know what you mean about the cost of doing one being minimal if you know what you are doing, hence why i've done one for a daily driver.

My point is that so many people on various sites seem to think a standard XE Nova is one of the quickest things ever and go on about the totally unrealistic cars they have beaten in it.

Stoo
10-11-05, 03:24 PM
As with all claims, unrealistic or not, its always a case of cars spec, driver ability road conditions etc etc!!

Simes
10-11-05, 07:11 PM
cheers for the comments guys i want to be able to use it daily, and have a good laugh im thinking about sticking carbs on a xe

Lee H
11-11-05, 09:01 AM
cheers for the comments guys i want to be able to use it daily, and have a good laugh im thinking about sticking carbs on a xe

Hope you have deep pockets if you want an XE on carbs as a daily driver, that what I run but i'm now selling the carbs as I just can't afford to keep putting the petrol in all the time.

Snowface
11-11-05, 11:23 AM
if i had choice of N/A or turbo with the same power then i'd go for N/A.

Might not have the same torque but there would be much less lag and reliability 'should' be better.