PDA

View Full Version : odd or ignorant?

sickrabbit
09-11-05, 02:41 PM
Please forgive my ignorance on this one but....I,ve dropped my Nova 30mm on 15s using p1s from ebay ...they originally came off a corsa ..I dont know the details of the engine size ect of the corsa but I know the bigger the lump the bigger the wieght ratio , therefore as my motors only a 1.2 do you think this is the reason the front now sits high off the arches ?? Would a bigger engine really make that much of a dirfference ? The handlings superb , I,d like to go a little lower , front at least and I,m considering new shorter springs all round but keeping the shox ..is this advisable ?. I ask as the rides bloomin bumpy as it is ..and hope for it not to increase TOO much -lol

Or should I invest in another set of suspension altogether ...?

I,d be of more help if I could post pics , but sorry ,my cams down......

cheers.

Lee H
09-11-05, 05:00 PM
I don't think Corsa 30mm lowering springs on a Nova lower it as much as a set of 30mm Nova ones would.

mowgli
09-11-05, 07:36 PM
lowering the front too much which does look good, will make the handling terrible, if the roll centre is too low, the car will just not work right. but it is down to personal preference, for every person who says high, there will be someone who says low..

sickrabbit
09-11-05, 09:21 PM
seems to be the norm , for what i,ve done - Ive asked a mechanic mate of mine for advise - his words cut to the kore but were true ( novaoaders aint gonna like this ) - I was told not to fanny about and waste my money on an old car - save it and invest in something worthy........

she stays then on 30 mm drop ...

Jack
09-11-05, 11:32 PM
I was told not to fanny about and waste my money on an old car
Tell that to all the people who restore classic cars from the 60's & 70's :lol:

sickrabbit
10-11-05, 05:08 PM
I don't think Corsa 30mm lowering springs on a Nova lower it as much as a set of 30mm Nova ones would.

arent they the same ??

Ste L
10-11-05, 05:15 PM
corsa's are heavier.....

Stoo
10-11-05, 05:17 PM
corsa's are heavier.....

Thought they were lighter!!! :)