PDA

View Full Version : 1.0l to a bigger engine??

scot-ish
09-11-05, 10:31 AM
rite fokls got a 1.0 nova..but lookin to convert it to something a bit bigger.. how much should i expect to pay to have the engine bay seam welded?? im lookin for an 1.6 16v... or a 2.0 8v to be put in it?? how much should i expect to pay for the whole conversion and what would u recomend out of the two off them ??

burgo
09-11-05, 10:36 AM
the only way of finding out how much the engine welding is going to beis to get quotes. as for the conversion i recommend you do it yourself then the money you save can be put towards more mods :). as for the engine i would go for the 1.6 16v as they are very tuneable indeed plus probably lighter than 2l

Mike
09-11-05, 10:53 AM
a 1.6 16v is lighter than an XE and considerably lighter than a LET.

Wallet permitting 190/200bhp+ is attainable from the 1.6, but a safe bet of around 150/160 would still be quite a relaible and a powerful amount of horses.

get the 1.6 and then proceed call the lilkes of demon tweeks etc and purchase some throttle bodies and a set of spanners.

Stuart
09-11-05, 11:47 AM
having seen the results on borsters corsa, id happyily part with me cash for the ECU he used. cant remember who/what it is but its from SA... and has an all inclusive mapping cost in the price.

Depends how good you are with your hands as to which engine you fit etc. Id buy a mig welder as you can then weld your bay and have a tool to do other jobs for about the same as you'd pay to get the bya done by someone else anyway.

scot-ish
09-11-05, 12:30 PM
to be honest im not the best mechanic in the world and only changed the engine's on a couple of 205gti's(with my mates being there aswell) .. but its changin the engine that is botherin me as everythin is going to have to be changed . wat is a kinda ruff price on the engine bay being seam welded ?? ?? and how difficult will it be to go from a 1.0 to a 1.6 16v ?

burgo
09-11-05, 12:40 PM
*cough*search ya lazy bastid*cough*

no ok then look down about 15 posts and you find this

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=117843

scot-ish
09-11-05, 12:46 PM
yeah a looked at the above post but didnt find anythin really on the price of havin the engine bay seem welded ?? its cost really that i want to know about ?? like maybe how much it has cost other ppl to do this kind of thing.. as i want to do it but if it is just gunna cost me loadsa money a was thinking bout just buyin a 2.0l and using the car i have as spares(body panels n tht) i have amate who said he will do the engine swoppng for me( a mechanic) but he hasnt done this ( he owns a calibre 4x4 turbo) but usually only changes engines like for like .. so i was wondering how difficult it will be for him ?? wud i be best having the whole car(donor) for the change or buyin engine n that seperate ?? and if i get a 1.6 16v from an astra will everything fit in or will i have to modify some parts like the manifold or any other ??

cheers

burgo
09-11-05, 01:07 PM
if you had read that post then you would know what does and doesnt need changing so i surgest you read it again and as i said the only way to find out how much its gonna cost is to get a quote

scot-ish
09-11-05, 01:23 PM
so ben wrote "Right first things first this is basic list...

Nova mounts ok
Nova Shafts ok
Corsa GSi top rad hose rest nova's
Corsa gsi throttle cable
F13 or F15 gearbox ok

Try to get a c16 xe and then not worry about the transponder, if you cant and get the x16 xe chat to me on msn as cba to write anymore."

so does this mean that i dont have to change the engine mounts ?? as i was told that the engine mounts in a 1.0 l is different to that or a nova gsi.. so surely the mounts will be different for putting a corsa gsi engine in it ? or would it be easier for me to put a nova gsi engine in it ??

cheers

burgo
09-11-05, 04:47 PM
you need the drivers side mount from a ohc engine. and if you are plannign on tuning then stick with the 1.6 16v conversion as already said these little engines are very tunable

scot-ish
11-11-05, 07:57 PM
dont need to worry anymore folks .. wrote the car off today ..

burgo
12-11-05, 05:35 PM
dont need to worry anymore folks .. wrote the car off today ..well done