PDA

View Full Version : Wot will valvers eat????

JAMIEP
09-11-05, 12:34 AM
Wot kinda cars will standard redtop novas eat thn??? will they blow away saxo vts's??? wot bout v-tec crxs ???

Mike
09-11-05, 09:44 AM
as in a 1.6 vTec CRX?

Against a 2.0 16valve nova?

No comp tbh :roll:

burgo
09-11-05, 10:37 AM
ive heard valvers are quite partial to a pack of peanuts or some prawn cocktail crisps

Stoo
09-11-05, 10:51 AM
Depends if theyre the health concious type of nova burgo!! Rabbit foods a winner for a track car!!

My wide archer likes lots of meat!! lol

Mike
09-11-05, 10:55 AM
they like cabbage.

i read it in a magazine once

novadaz20051.2
09-11-05, 11:06 AM
or petrol? just a thought! lol

burgo
09-11-05, 11:49 AM
your novas must be poofs then if they like rabbit food. kent beat some junk food lol

Gunzi
09-11-05, 12:36 PM
Quails eggs, caviar and raw meat.

150bhp in a car that weight c.800-850kgs = c.175-185 bhp per tonne. So pretty quick!

Gunzi

Mike
09-11-05, 02:37 PM
headgaskets :lol: :lol:

Spudly
09-11-05, 07:11 PM
This is quite an interesting topic cos i waas thinkin of askin a similar question cos i got an XE nova and i dont think its anywhere near as fast as it should be, i got levelled by a VW Lupo GTi and me mates nova SRi stays with me till 3rd gear wich is about 70-80ish is this right, all the fluids r fine so it dont seem broken jus seems slow (to me, possibly cos i got used to it lol)

Jack
09-11-05, 07:14 PM
"A car is only as fast as its driver"....

Stoo
09-11-05, 07:16 PM
Check Ur ICV

Philsutton
09-11-05, 08:15 PM
any thing you want

Jim
09-11-05, 08:26 PM
Mr Mackey says:

http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/614/614_image_20.jpg

Speedings bad, Mmmmmmmmmmmm kay...

:wink:

Jim

Ste L
10-11-05, 12:05 AM
what is it, with that pic Jim :lol:

Jim
10-11-05, 09:54 AM
what is it, with that pic Jim :lol:

LOL, I don't know, but it can be used for so many, many things :)

Jim

Ste L
10-11-05, 04:26 PM
makes me laugh each time i see it :lol:

Spudly
10-11-05, 07:38 PM
Check Ur ICV

Forgive me for being stupid but erm whats that then???

Stoo
10-11-05, 07:39 PM
Idle Cotrol Valve

Spudly
10-11-05, 07:50 PM
Oh god yeah i sound well stupid now jus realised as i came bk to check for replies lol, how could that affect performance tho (btw it does idle a bit poo ie wavery if thats a good enough way to describe it)

Stoo
10-11-05, 08:47 PM
Yeah that sounds like ur icv! mine did it! if it sticks open it can cause a prob!!! Loss of power etc!

Take it off and give it a good clean with carb cleaner

Adam
10-11-05, 11:19 PM
This is quite an interesting topic cos i waas thinkin of askin a similar question cos i got an XE nova and i dont think its anywhere near as fast as it should be, i got levelled by a VW Lupo GTi and me mates nova SRi stays with me till 3rd gear wich is about 70-80ish is this right, all the fluids r fine so it dont seem broken jus seems slow (to me, possibly cos i got used to it lol)
Sure it aint in limp home mode?

ICV wont affect performance, its just a bypass valve that allows air in with the throttle plate closed, i.e. to keep the engine running when the throttle is closed.

As above, clean it in carb cleaner.
On a xe its down the back of the engine, a pipe connects to it from the SFI air box IIRC. Squirt carb cleaner down the pipe.

Stoo
10-11-05, 11:27 PM
If the icv sticks open it draws too much air in and can cause a problem!!
Too much air and not enough fuel at higher revs!
Its not metered air through the icv so the AFM cant account for it!

it happened with mine! It was still quick but not quite WOW!!

Struggled to pull past 115 and thats an XE

Fixed it and it now goes like stink!!

srs1
11-11-05, 06:35 PM
mine is partial to 10 valves.

there its favourite

Spudly
11-11-05, 06:41 PM
If the icv sticks open it draws too much air in and can cause a problem!!
Too much air and not enough fuel at higher revs!
Its not metered air through the icv so the AFM cant account for it!

it happened with mine! It was still quick but not quite WOW!!

Struggled to pull past 115 and thats an XE

Fixed it and it now goes like stink!!

That sounds exactly like mine, so i can jus take the pipe off an squirt carb cleaner down it or would it be better to take it off (if i can) ive got a power-cap jobbie on mine instead of the SFi box!!!

Stoo
11-11-05, 06:48 PM
No take it off and clean it!! I tried just taking the pipe off whilst revving it and spraying carb cleaner down it but it only works for 10 mins!!

I have a power cap to!

Get at it from underneath

Spudly
11-11-05, 06:59 PM
How much of a b4stard is it to do tho i dont wanna risk breaking me new toy lol

Stoo
11-11-05, 07:02 PM
Its a big bastard but worth it!!

Spudly
11-11-05, 07:14 PM
Doh!! was hopin you wouldnt say that lol looks like i know wot im doin this weekend then cheers guys!!!!

Spudly
15-11-05, 10:52 PM
Well im now well and truly stuck i cleaned out me icv on weekend and its well messed me car up it wont tick over properly all the time and keeps jumpin and holdin the revs right up nr 3-4grand, misfirin an generally misbehavin im well confused thought that cleanin it would make it happier again but its not.... Help pls ppl i wanna cry this valver jus been trouble from the moment i bought it!!!!!

Rob-16v
16-11-05, 12:17 PM
Spud, come down to mine and ill have a look at ur motor for you if you want.

Rob-16v
16-11-05, 12:24 PM
Anyone with a redtop nova (standard) fancy a quarter mile against my 1.6 16v (standard), i just wanna see how mines does.

ROB

Gunzi
16-11-05, 02:53 PM
IIRC a std 2.0 16v nova will do a standing 1/4 in 14.4-15.0ish and a std 1.6 16v will be 15.4-15.9ish

Rob-16v
16-11-05, 04:16 PM
IIRC a std 2.0 16v nova will do a standing 1/4 in 14.4-15.0ish and a std 1.6 16v will be 15.4-15.9ish

I raced a 2l 16v red top on the quarter mile up here, wasted it,if im running less then 14 sec is that gud?

MARTIN KELSON
16-11-05, 04:29 PM
Rob,
If you have whot you say a standard 1.6 16v, i'am sorry you wont get a quarter mile less than 14sec (unless being towed by a skyline)
Under 15 maybe, under 14 not a chance, sorry!

Rob-16v
16-11-05, 04:51 PM
Rob,
If you have whot you say a standard 1.6 16v, i'am sorry you wont get a quarter mile less than 14sec (unless being towed by a skyline)
Under 15 maybe, under 14 not a chance, sorry!

I have a standard 1.6 16v corsa sport engine in my sr nova, she eats 2l 16v novas. tuned punto turbos, mk4 astra turbo ect. im not saying she does quarter mile in less than 14 secs,but wen someone tells me quarter mile times of a standard 2l 16v nova,and mine totally wastes one i put 2 n 2 together. thats why i ask if anyone wants to have ago against mine to see if it was driver error or something.
ROB.

Chris
16-11-05, 06:21 PM
if it is quicker than the mentioned cars then it is not standard, or they are broke/not being driven properly.

Back to the topic of what valvers eat, mine doesnt eat, it drinks, petrol

Rob-16v
16-11-05, 06:55 PM
if it is quicker than the mentioned cars then it is not standard, or they are broke/not being driven properly.

Back to the topic of what valvers eat, mine doesnt eat, it drinks, petrol

Iv rebuilt the full engine but have done nothing mod wise,cept filter and zorst, so anyone with a 2l redtop nova around n/e yorks wanna come and have ago and help me out send me an e-mail. oh and iv got no interior except 2 seats.

Spudly
16-11-05, 07:07 PM
The 2ltr valver that it ate tho being mine and as ive asked in this topic already lol its not well and aint running at all well, anyone else with a valver been up against a lupo GTi cos i had one stay beside me down the local dual carriageway and i dont think thats right at all!!!!

Rob-16v
16-11-05, 07:16 PM
What up with it? pm if u wanna come to mine and well have a look at it, see what we can do, got some tools home, got a power boost valve too.

Rob-16v
16-11-05, 07:19 PM
Spud,you've gotta admit it is stupidly fast tho aint it.

Spudly
16-11-05, 07:56 PM
Said it before and ill say it again it aint slow at all, fastest 1.6 ive seen mate, but there lies the fault cos it shows how badly slow mine is, and there dont seem to be anything obviously amiss, jus dont run quite right and its slow as shit which for a seemingly healthy red-top is very very wrong and i cant figure out why!!!!

JAMIEP
16-11-05, 11:35 PM
Lol ok ok ill rephrase the topic then! Anybody know what kinda fast cars standerd valvers will beat and what car are they neck n neck with? Any1 blown an mgf 1.8 vvc? jus curious........

orange_andy
17-11-05, 09:46 AM
how can a corsa 1.6 make the nova into a beast that kills 2litres,
from what i heard the corsa 1.6 is nothing special at all just another 1.6 car. so surely from a 2litre there will be alot more power and punch than a 1.6. i mean its not like they are specially tuned, ie hondacivic v tec. 1.6 around 168bhp as standard, corsa engine an red top are both vauxhall so i cant see how the 1.6 corsa could blow the red top ???

thinking of modding my 1.4 sr. whats the best thing to get the most power,, webber 40s?? anyone know rough ideas of how much it cost to buy and put on ??

Rob-16v
17-11-05, 12:28 PM
how can a corsa 1.6 make the nova into a beast that kills 2litres,
from what i heard the corsa 1.6 is nothing special at all just another 1.6 car. so surely from a 2litre there will be alot more power and punch than a 1.6. i mean its not like they are specially tuned, ie hondacivic v tec. 1.6 around 168bhp as standard, corsa engine an red top are both vauxhall so i cant see how the 1.6 corsa could blow the red top ???

thinking of modding my 1.4 sr. whats the best thing to get the most power,, webber 40s?? anyone know rough ideas of how much it cost to buy and put on ??

Cant figure it out myself,as i said its jst re-built, theres a 1.6 civic up here wiv 180-190bhp, im waiting for a dry weekend and ill give him a go (I'll loose more than likely). if know-one beleives me come up and ill show u.

Aragorn
17-11-05, 12:28 PM
to be honest you need a massive horsepower advantage over another car to "waste" it

ive seen my brothers 1.2i chase sr's/sri's and numerous other quicker cars like VTR's n stuff and yes they are faster, but its not like they dissapear into the moonlight as soon as u press the go pedal

putting a 2.0 nova against a standard 1.2i corsa would be "wasting" it, but on the road a 14sec car vs a 15sec one is nothing like wasting it, its having a mild speed advantage and if the driver of the 14sec car was shite and the other wasnt i'd probably put my money on the "slower" car

if u want an idea of how quick it will be look at the letstorquebhp database

your car should have round 180bhp/ton with the valver in it so have a look at which cars have similar bhp/ton values and you'll get an idea from there

Rob-16v
17-11-05, 12:37 PM
On the the road its poo unless theres a big long road,my m8s 1.4 aint far behind me, but its jst on a strip, honestly, for a 1.6 the acceleration is crazy. people iv dragged are saying its bored out to a 1.8 and camed chipped etc, and it aint.

Jim
17-11-05, 02:18 PM
Rob-T40, have you actually taken your 1.6 16v on the strip? If not, then everything you are saying is pretty much irrelavent.

From the sounds of it you go about racing people on the road, which isn't the cleverest idea in all honesty. Maybe it's just me, but I am very dubious when people claim to "waste" other cars on the road because you really can't tell if the skill level of the driver, nor how hard he is pushing the car.

Wait until next year (if you haven't written the car off in the meantime) and then go to a 1/4mile strip and get some official times down.

Unless you are running nitros, there is very little chance of you getting below 14 seconds. Look for dhdev's 1.6 16v Nova in the features section for how much you need to tune a car in order to get below 14 seconds.

SRspudly, the easiest way to find out if your car is under performing is to get it booked in for a rolling road session. You will be able to see what BHP it's running. If it's a standard red top in relatively good condition you should be running around 150bhp (depending on the RR). A reputable rolling road should be able to tell you where you are having problems (if there are any problems).

Jim

Rob-16v
17-11-05, 03:35 PM
Rob-T40, have you actually taken your 1.6 16v on the strip? If not, then everything you are saying is pretty much irrelavent.

From the sounds of it you go about racing people on the road, which isn't the cleverest idea in all honesty. Maybe it's just me, but I am very dubious when people claim to "waste" other cars on the road because you really can't tell if the skill level of the driver, nor how hard he is pushing the car.

Wait until next year (if you haven't written the car off in the meantime) and then go to a 1/4mile strip and get some official times down.

Unless you are running nitros, there is very little chance of you getting below 14 seconds. Look for dhdev's 1.6 16v Nova in the features section for how much you need to tune a car in order to get below 14 seconds.

SRspudly, the easiest way to find out if your car is under performing is to get it booked in for a rolling road session. You will be able to see what BHP it's running. If it's a standard red top in relatively good condition you should be running around 150bhp (depending on the RR). A reputable rolling road should be able to tell you where you are having problems (if there are any problems).

Jim

Jim and everyone- iv not said my nova does quarter mile in under 14 secs, i ask do u think it does because some one said a redtop nova does it in that and mine left one standing. i dont race on the roads, the 'strip' is and unofficial quarter mile on an industrial estate, 1/4 mile from junction to junction. i asked if some one has another redtop nova around here so i could then have fair comment on this subjet.So why have you all had a go, come and see it for your self.

orange_andy
17-11-05, 03:55 PM
i agree. last forum i used to go on people talked absolute bollox, i raced a 206 gti, did me but wasnt a case of him burning off, it was jus a case of i cudnt catch him but basically did the same speed, (in me old car) as for you talking about acceleration UNLESS YOU GOT A 4WD then no car is gonna be that diff, you could tool up a standard 1.2 nova and itd be a beast on acceleration, its about how much you DONT HAVE TO RED LINE IT ie. racing a car ur redlingin every gear doing 100 and the other car is jus happy to do 3k 4k

Rob-16v
17-11-05, 04:08 PM
i see, so it doesn't matter what i say, non of you will listen, you all think im talking a load of rubish?

Jim
17-11-05, 04:12 PM
Jim and everyone- iv not said my nova does quarter mile in under 14 secs, i ask do u think it does because some one said a redtop nova does it in that and mine left one standing. i dont race on the roads, the 'strip' is and unofficial quarter mile on an industrial estate, 1/4 mile from junction to junction. i asked if some one has another redtop nova around here so i could then have fair comment on this subjet.So why have you all had a go, come and see it for your self.

LMFAO, Industrial Estate or not, it's still a road, unless this unofficial 1/4mile is on private land? If so, you must be tresspassing in order to get onto it?

What we have here is a simple case of "my car beat that, so it must be faster"

Let me put it to you this way: Say I was at a set of traffic lights and next to me was a Mclaren F1. As the lights change I accelerate away from the lights and "waste" him. A Mclaren F1 does the 1/4mile in around 11 seconds. Now, since I "wasted" him does this mean my car does the 1/4mile in under 11 seconds? No, it doesn't. What it means is:

a) The Mclaren wasn't trying
b) The driver was too busy laughing at my pathetic attempt to race him and forgot to put his foot on the accelerator
c) The car was having engine trouble and wasn't performing as it should.

...and so on and so on...

All we are saying is you can claim to have beaten all the cars under the sun, but this does not mean you're car is faster or more powerful. The only way to get a semi-accurate measure of how powerful your car is is to get it on a rolling road, then take it to a weigh bridge so that you have a power:weight ratio, then get it to an affiliated 1/4mile location (Santa Pod for example, although I believe there is one nearer to you) and get some recorded times.

I wasn't having a go, but I think if you read through your posts again you may realise why we are questioning your comments.

Jim

Rob-16v
17-11-05, 04:29 PM
LMFAO, Industrial Estate or not, it's still a road, unless this unofficial 1/4mile is on private land? If so, you must be tresspassing in order to get onto it?

What we have here is a simple case of "my car beat that, so it must be faster"

Let me put it to you this way: Say I was at a set of traffic lights and next to me was a Mclaren F1. As the lights change I accelerate away from the lights and "waste" him. A Mclaren F1 does the 1/4mile in around 11 seconds. Now, since I "wasted" him does this mean my car does the 1/4mile in under 11 seconds? No, it doesn't. What it means is:

a) The Mclaren wasn't trying
b) The driver was too busy laughing at my pathetic attempt to race him and forgot to put his foot on the accelerator
c) The car was having engine trouble and wasn't performing as it should.

Jim[/quote]

Seriously, there no need for that. Theres 3 -4 hundred cars go at the same time, it used to be every sunday in the summer.
1/4 mile is 1/4 mile, timed or not. i will be gone to york next year to have it officaly timed. iv not claimed every car under the sun, but iv raced a redtop nova (raced meaning we were both there for the same reason) and a 145bhp punto turbo, and yes 'wasted' them, sat on limiter laughing till the catch up then change gear.beaten not by 1 or 2 car lenghts but truck lenght.

Dan
17-11-05, 05:21 PM
wow it does sound fairly fast tbh. If my little one wasnt locked away for winter i'd of given you a burn up. Ok so my 1.6 has 8 less valves and is only 140bhp (so should be a walk in the park to someone like yourself), but it would of been interesting, what you others guys reckon

Gunzi
17-11-05, 06:08 PM
Rob,

Don't get stressed out over this, people are just pointing out that you need to get the car up the strip with an official time, thats the way its best done, as you'll have proof.

Also by only having 2 seats in the car it will go quicker than with a full interior, so despite your engine being more or less standard you should be quite quick. I think for your car a low 15 would be very impressive (this is 182 clio territory)

As for beating a 150 bhp 2.0 16v thats unlikely, sounds like the one you raced had some issues on power/torque and therefore is not a fair comparision.

Hope this helps,

Gunzi

P.S Saying you race on public roads is frowned upon on here, irrespective of the circumstances.

orange_andy
17-11-05, 06:10 PM
to be onest i was feelign for you getting all this slack, your car is probably fast, BUT TO SAY YOU JUST WASTED A 2LITRE NOVA AND A 145BHP PUNTO i hate puntos but if its got that power its gonna be quick i skitted a 1.6 sporting sayin it was shit and it torchured me in my old car which was faster than wot i got now, to say you WASTED A 2LITRE NOVA makes no sense AT ALL! ! !! 1.6 vauxhall engine in a NOVA or a 2LITRE VAUXHALL ENGINE IN A NOVA hmmmm not very scientific just common sense, if you wasted him then he is the SHITTEST DRIVER ABOUT

Dan
17-11-05, 07:13 PM
the car is good for mid 15's all day long if ran properly, nothing more than that but to be honest a mid 15 for such a car is a very good time so should be set as a target.

Philsutton
17-11-05, 07:35 PM
What dan said, imo its good for 15s no way will it get 14s without some money spent on it. Like everyone else has said get on the strip an find out what it does instead of say youve wasted all these cars. I didnt find on car on the road that could keep up with my old 2lt nova but thats more to the fact that no many people actually give a shit and wont race or try hard. Get it on the track then you'll find out how slow your car really is compared with what yuo will go against, not like your average indrustriale state chavters.

Rob-16v
17-11-05, 10:43 PM
Ok so its good for something 15's, iv not once said it does it in 14.
ill stick her on an official 1/4 mile when its dry, more than likely elvington at york.

Rob-16v
17-11-05, 10:46 PM
..........But seriously, its quick for a little 1.6.................thats all iv gotta say.

Gunzi
18-11-05, 12:11 PM
Cool, get it on the strip then show off your timing slip!

Its bound to be quick for a 1.6 you have c.115bhp with about 750kgs (as it is stripped out and assuming its not a GTE/GSi/SRi) so you have circa 150-155bhp per tonne.
Gunzi

Stuart
18-11-05, 12:59 PM
std 1.6 16V is either 105 or 109 (iirc) bhp...

Gunzi
18-11-05, 01:12 PM
I just going on air filter and exhaust addding 5-6 bhp!! I'd forgotten that there was a 105bhp engine too tho'

Serialkilla
18-11-05, 07:59 PM
My 1.6 8v standard carb engine is running about 90bhp and weighs 900kgs and i've wasted a xe nova. both on a rolling start this was.

Spudly
19-11-05, 04:55 PM
Right this topic has gone far away from the purpose i stole it for (sorry)
can anyone suggest somewhere reputable to take me lil nov to put her on a rollin road cos there aint anywhere round the Hull area an ive heard well lane aint as good as it used to be, i jus wanna get me car runnin properly cos ive figured out now that it definately aint!!!
Cheers peeps!!!

Rob-16v
19-11-05, 05:22 PM
just for the record i know spud is a damn good driver.
Spud there KP motorsport in Driffield,the ok and there Boggy at lutton.
I was going to go to boggy's one weekend if u want to come.?20 for a power run.

Paul
20-11-05, 01:10 AM
My view:

Original Topic- 2.0 16V Nova is 0-60 in 6.5ish seconds, top speed of 147 at the limiter with an F20 or thereabouts.

So Civic Type R, Subaru's etc...

1.6 16V: 0-60 in late 7's early 8's, top speed of 125 with the f15. Thats Punto Turbo's, Saxo VTS's etc range.

"But i beat an XE Nova, and a 150bhp Punto Turbo" Ok if you did then maybe the punto turbo was wheel spinning into 4th, or maybe he got a shit start, or maybe he had 5 people in it and a full sound system.

You get the idea. You cannot just have a magically quick car, it doesnt happy, you have to modify them to makwe them faster. And buy that I dont mean an air filter and an exhaust, or a 'chip'. lmao :lol:

Simple mathematics rob, your car will NOT beat a 2.0 16V Nova, in the summer I wil be more than happy to prove this to you at the Pod.

As for Rolling Roads near to Hull, just look in the Yellow Pages, post a few names up on a local forum or, speak to a local motorshop, they will be more than happy to advis you or help you, to choose the right RR.

Paul

Philsutton
20-11-05, 12:11 PM
My 1.6 8v standard carb engine is running about 90bhp and weighs 900kgs and i've wasted a xe nova. both on a rolling start this was.

pmsl did the other guy just not press the accelerator

Rob-16v
20-11-05, 12:46 PM
My view:

Original Topic- 2.0 16V Nova is 0-60 in 6.5ish seconds, top speed of 147 at the limiter with an F20 or thereabouts.

So Civic Type R, Subaru's etc...

1.6 16V: 0-60 in late 7's early 8's, top speed of 125 with the f15. Thats Punto Turbo's, Saxo VTS's etc range.

"But i beat an XE Nova, and a 150bhp Punto Turbo" Ok if you did then maybe the punto turbo was wheel spinning into 4th, or maybe he got a s**t start, or maybe he had 5 people in it and a full sound system.

You get the idea. You cannot just have a magically quick car, it doesnt happy, you have to modify them to makwe them faster. And buy that I dont mean an air filter and an exhaust, or a 'chip'. lmao :lol:

Simple mathematics rob, your car will NOT beat a 2.0 16V Nova, in the summer I wil be more than happy to prove this to you at the Pod.

As for Rolling Roads near to Hull, just look in the Yellow Pages, post a few names up on a local forum or, speak to a local motorshop, they will be more than happy to advis you or help you, to choose the right RR.

Paul

Well we'll see what shes got on the rolling road first. I built the full engine, new everything except cams and as far as i know there standard but ill have a look and see if there are any other non GM marking.

fastnovasri
20-11-05, 05:48 PM
Rob ive seen ur nova perform and it is definetley one fast 1.6. I always thought this site was for nova lovers to discuss there cars not to bitch without knowing the facts. The 1/4 mile drag that Rob is talking about leads to a disused aerodrome that is neither a legal road or private property, not everything is owned. The people who go there all go there for the same reasons and it doesnt affect ne1 who isnt interested in what goes on. Personally if ne1 of u doubters r ever in the area i really think u shud c for yourself. Rob i do agree u shud get ur timing down on paper but its always interesting to see how many ppl who have fast cars can actually get the most out of them.... coz quite honestly alot dont. and the main thing.... the stats written on paper regarding the performance of certain cars are only a guideline sum will perform like this, sum will under perform and sum will over perform.

philsutton= (quote) not like your average indrustriale state chavters.
Do you know wot ur talking about?? there is no chavters (as u put it) just ppl who like the same thing.

Good luck Rob and hope you get ur car sorted spud, coz its a minter and i know how much it means to u.

B nice now, coz like i sed were all ment to b here for the same reason.

Rob-16v
20-11-05, 05:59 PM
Well thank you very much, i will get my car on paper when its a bit drier.
Jst got my speedo working again, not snapped the speedo drive again for the third time but it was the cable in 2 places. All changed so ill how she goes on.

Rob.

Stuart
20-11-05, 06:03 PM
can this thread please die lol

its useless without TIMES

Rob-16v
20-11-05, 06:10 PM
can this thread please die lol

its useless without TIMES

LOL.

Spudly
20-11-05, 06:12 PM
And as i keep saying i no why this nova beat me, cos mine aint at all runnin as it should lol, but to be fair robs nov is damn quick for wot it is, can i ask pls who is fastnovasri pls lol cheers tho peeps!!!!

Dan
20-11-05, 06:16 PM
a respectable post by fastnovasri and yes we are all here for the same reason, alas most of us that have said 'no way' do have some experience of said subject and this kind of big claim stuff comes along all to often so is normally weeded out quickly.

A few lucky runs doesnt make a car a weapon, end of the day a certain spec car will be in a certain bracket regarding speed which is fantastic in itself if it can fit in, no one person would be a miracle worker and find awesome speed. In your area this conversion maybe be less known and would be a VERY fast 1.6, but on a forum dedicated to the nova its common place and most things to be seen have been, so it's cool all the same and nice to hear of more out there, but its nothing special in the big bad world.

Rob i do agree u shud get ur timing down on paper but its always interesting to see how many ppl who have fast cars can actually get the most out of them.... coz quite honestly alot dont.

On here you'd prob be in for a shock if thats the train of thought lol

sorry if some of that comes across odd, brain and fingers arent connecting well tonight lol