View Full Version : What Do You Think To My Nova

novabri
07-11-05, 12:28 PM
This is the day i bought it with clear side repeaters

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/Unibri28/standard.jpg

Then i put a cavvy wheels on it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/Unibri28/nova.jpg

And now just got new alloys on it and bumpers all painted myself
thinking about putting it 60 on shocks and springs its 45 at the moment and black gsi side skirts wt u rekon?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/Unibri28/newalloys.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/Unibri28/sideview.jpg

Got a problem with the bumper cant seem to get rid of the small gap joining it to the grill does any body know how to do this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/Unibri28/gap.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/Unibri28/steeringwheel.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/Unibri28/seats.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/Unibri28/backend.jpg

wrighty
07-11-05, 12:32 PM
its come a long way mate looks real good
60mm drop will be ace

minta 8)

Mike
07-11-05, 01:01 PM
love them wheels matey! top stuff. thats soo clean!

you'll be hard pressed to get rid of that gap!

burgo
07-11-05, 01:24 PM
oooo its looks like every other nova nice :roll:

hendrix
07-11-05, 02:57 PM
nice and clean, looking good

krobinson
07-11-05, 03:27 PM
Got a problem with the bumper cant seem to get rid of the small gap joining it to the grill does any body know how to do this?

Jack the car up, loosen the 4 bolts that hold the bumper carrier on the front inner wing. Just loose enough so it moves! Get someone to then pull up the bumper tight to the grill while you tighten the bolts. This will close the gap!

Car looks great, very fresh and clean. I dont think you'll see it go much lower with a 60mm drop, that looks like most 60mm kits now. If you can afford to have it off the road a week or two, measure how much lower u want it, and post/take the springs to coilsprings in sheffield!

Keith

Col_Mk1
07-11-05, 03:28 PM
luks clean maybe paint alloys in dark colour?

burgo
07-11-05, 03:56 PM
luks clean maybe paint alloys in dark colour?why?? the alloys wont go with the rest of the car then you fool

cooper_nova
07-11-05, 04:06 PM
very clean fella nice and subtle too. if you are going for black gte/gsi skirts y not go black bumpers and then anthracite alloys too?

novabri
07-11-05, 04:37 PM
the thing i dont get is ive bolted the bottom of the bumper to the chassie and it wont go up any more cant understand why its got a gap mite fill it in with something.

Brodie_Sri
07-11-05, 05:26 PM
looks wel mate get the skirts on it and drop it 60 mm and it will be spot on! i saw it wen it had the cav wheels on it parked near goole i left u a msg on the feature ov your car.

novamadcars
07-11-05, 05:34 PM
oooo its looks like every other nova nice :roll:

just what i was going 2 say luke and well what can i say about the rims all i can say is im not keen on them thair horrid sorry but thats just my opnion

Riggy
07-11-05, 05:36 PM
looks very nice mate :lol:

Philsutton
07-11-05, 05:45 PM
oooo its looks like every other nova nice

would you prefer it with a massive gay bodykit and neons as thats the only other route to go??

hendrix
07-11-05, 05:58 PM

would you prefer it with a massive gay bodykit and neons as thats the only other route to go??
lol :lol: true tho

Mike.
07-11-05, 06:13 PM
looks a nice clean nova that mate, its nice to see there are a few more mint novas out there

Adam
07-11-05, 06:35 PM

Jack the car up, loosen the 4 bolts that hold the bumper carrier on the front inner wing. Just loose enough so it moves! Get someone to then pull up the bumper tight to the grill while you tighten the bolts. This will close the gap!
Keith
Would that work?
As the bolts go through two drilled holes dont they? So you cant move the bolt up or down in the hole?
I have the same gap problem on mine.

NovaBri-Nova looks sweet btw :D

Mike.
07-11-05, 06:49 PM
you can adjust the bumper mountings which attach to the wings, they can slide back and forth, iff you mess with them that usually solves the problem, well it worked when i did it the other day

novamadman
07-11-05, 07:13 PM
Gsi Sideskirts, mudflaps, gsi stickers, speedlines then it would be amazin. Lovely car as it is well done

Jack
07-11-05, 07:22 PM
speedlines then it would be amazin.
Noooooooo!

Although to be honest I preferred the first set of cav wheels you had on there...

sickrabbit
07-11-05, 07:25 PM
Nice motor mate .....in my opinion tho , i,d drop the red pinstripe....looks "nursey" - exchange it for black...

krobinson
07-11-05, 09:53 PM

Keith
Would that work?
As the bolts go through two drilled holes dont they? So you cant move the bolt up or down in the hole?

The drilled holes aint perfect, thats why its dropped. Trust me on this, i've owned 6 Nova's over 5 years and this sorted the problem on them all.

Keith

burgo
07-11-05, 10:26 PM

would you prefer it with a massive gay bodykit and neons as thats the only other route to go??what so theres only two ways to mod a car is there??

Adam
08-11-05, 03:46 PM

Keith
Would that work?

The drilled holes aint perfect, thats why its dropped. Trust me on this, i've owned 6 Nova's over 5 years and this sorted the problem on them all.

Keith
Cool.
I need a new carrier first tho, as i sheared the heads off the bolts on the driver side :roll: :lol:
So thats why mine has dropped, but before the bolts were broke it still had a gap.

I'll give that a go Keith when i sort a new carrier out :)

ANDYRACER
09-11-05, 12:33 AM
Im liking that alot, least it hasnt got Speedlines on Burgo. And them wheels look mint in black would go well with black skirts and a 60mm drop.
And Ad ive got a carrier bar if u want one still :wink:

Adam
09-11-05, 12:37 AM
I do aye, just cant be arsed drive stockport collect it :lol: :lol:

I might have sorted one now with a gsi bumper, i might be going the colour coded gsi bumpers route, im bored with black bumpers. :roll: :lol:

ANDYRACER
09-11-05, 12:41 AM
Stockport aint far u gay :roll: and u put a gsi bumper on and colour code them you need a slap. :wink:

Adam
09-11-05, 12:44 AM
Stockport aint far u gay :roll: and u put a gsi bumper on and colour code them you need a slap. :wink:
LMAO, ye Stockport is pretty close, but anything further than 2mile is out my way :wink: :P :lol:

ANDYRACER
09-11-05, 12:51 AM
Shut up you girl, you went Macclesfield for your nova :roll: I went to Stoke to pick up my grey gsi and it aint that far. :lol:

sdn2004
09-11-05, 11:51 AM
Take the bumper off remove brackets from the bumper file the holes on the brackets which are on the bumper, DONT file the holes which are mounted to the inner wing! If you file them so they are not round anymore when you attach the brackets back the bumper you can slide them up and down to make the gap between the grill smaller or bigger! Easy really.

Mike.
09-11-05, 06:22 PM
I do aye, just cant be a*** drive stockport collect it :lol: :lol:

I might have sorted one now with a gsi bumper, i might be going the colour coded gsi bumpers route, im bored with black bumpers. :roll: :lol:

lol, it took you ages to paint them bumpers.

Adam
09-11-05, 07:05 PM
I do aye, just cant be a*** drive stockport collect it :lol: :lol:

lol, it took you ages to paint them bumpers.
I know ye :lol:
But they are looking tired now, so either colour coded gsi bumpers, and matt black skirts, or i will respray the bumpers matt black, only cost me ?2.50 respray them :wink: :lol:

Adam
09-11-05, 07:07 PM
you went Macclesfield for your nova :roll:

I didn't :P :lol:

Mike.
10-11-05, 01:02 AM
you went Macclesfield for your nova :roll:

I didn't :P :lol:

lmao :lol: .

ade
10-11-05, 11:09 PM
what paint did you use the spray the fron tpumper?

If it was cans Id lacquer it if I were you otherwise after winter you'll need to respray it due to stone chips.

lacquer will protect it.

If you used 2 pak dont need lacquer - that stuffs rock!

ref the gap, check the bumpers is attached to the carriage bar properly too (mine wasnt and it dipped a tad)

You'll always get a little gap - its just the plastic...

novabri
11-11-05, 04:34 PM
i used spray paint from halfors yer i laquerd it put bout 3 tins on ive tried with gap again n it wont go just guna leave it

J4MES
11-11-05, 06:44 PM
looks really nice and clean that good effort

Adam
11-11-05, 07:18 PM
what paint did you use the spray the fron tpumper?

If it was cans Id lacquer it if I were you otherwise after winter you'll need to respray it due to stone chips.

lacquer will protect it.

If you used 2 pak dont need lacquer - that stuffs rock!

ref the gap, check the bumpers is attached to the carriage bar properly too (mine wasnt and it dipped a tad)

You'll always get a little gap - its just the plastic...
I also sprayed mine with cans, had NO problems at all with stone chips, they are just looking a bit faded and dull again now, so i need respray mine.