PDA

View Full Version : Spax rxs coilovers...

Benn
06-11-05, 08:15 PM
right what are they like?
i've been offered a swap with my fk stuff,
what drop are they?
hard soft?
any pics on a nova?
any info about them?
thanks ben

NickWalliams
06-11-05, 08:37 PM
Here is a pic of my mates corsa fitted with them coilovers, they are overall very good handle well ,nice firm ride.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/clawsk/aprilshoot019.jpg

8)

Jack
06-11-05, 08:52 PM
This is mine, we replaced the rear Spax 60mm springs with some unknown 50mm ones though as the rear wheels rubbed quite badly (but they were et38)

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/1020big2.jpg

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/1020big6.jpg

Had them set quite hard and the ride was pretty harsh and had a slight tendency to bounce round corners, but I put that down to crap tyres and wrong offset wheels more than the suspension.

nathan.
06-11-05, 09:25 PM
mine are p1ssing fluid out of the seals and the piston's are pittered. Only 2 years old. :x
Remember the rears are standard set up. not coilovers.

They're ok. Still use them just for track. LOL

Benn
06-11-05, 09:35 PM
only really getting the fronts,
what are they like over fk stuff?
as i find the fk stuff very soft,

nathan.
06-11-05, 09:42 PM
Not tried FK's TBH. Are the spax new Benn?
They are quite stiff on the road even on the softest setting.

Jonlem
06-11-05, 09:59 PM
I have them on my car and find them very good,

but... my car does skip and bump a lot in the bends, which as been mentioned above on someone elses car. I have put this down to having too softer front springs,

I'm going to try some 275lb springs and if that doesn't sort it then I'll change the dampers for something else

other but that I cant fault them for the money tbh

scott.parker
06-11-05, 10:07 PM
I use to have them(only changed to Avo's as they wer cheep and i wanted all round coilovers)

When i had the spax on mine they wer ace,though the avo's feel a bit better,there very stiff as nath said evern on soft there hard lol.

My mate has got them now on his 1.6 8v turbo and it's made that car like a go kart now,he loves them and they sute the engein wieght better,the avo's i have feel better though as they saem stiffer slightly(wer on a XE nova before,not sure if the spring are uprate on poundage)

I have not been in a car with the FK's though i have not realy heard anything bad on them either.

But if the nova is a second car i say get solid mounts 100%,ok there no a easy fit some modding is needed to the munt or yout turet,its helped take some camber back of mine so im not scrubing the tyres to death no more,and it has made the steering lighter at low speed,and more reponcive also,defo do alloy topmounts.

Scott

Jonlem
06-11-05, 10:27 PM
I have driven a nova with fk's and found them ok, they were the cheaper ones though which are only height adjustable where as for the same money you can get fully adjustable Spax.

I'm running solid top mounts and agreed they are well worth having on coilovers.

Benn
06-11-05, 10:58 PM
mines an everyday day,wouldnt have it anyone way,
and i dont like solid mounts,

the spax stuff is a few months old,and i have been told they're very hard even on fully soft,
but my fk stuff is way to soft for my liking,
i justed to have avo ajustables but non coilover,
loved them had them set nice and hard....

now i wanna get harder but the fk dont ajust on rebound....

Benn
06-11-05, 11:00 PM
I'm running solid top mounts and agreed they are well worth having on coilovers.

info me up on them dude,or add me to msn,