PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Stupid Question

Wee_Watsi
04-11-05, 10:54 PM
OK lads i no nuthin at all about cars and i want no smartass comments, just an answer to the question. Got a '92 nova 1L and thinkin of buying these dials:

http://www.autobits.co.uk/store/view_product.php?product=51

Will they fit the nova 1L and if they do any extra leads or anything need to be bought? Also any wiring diagarms ect about as well?

Cheers,
Wee_Watsi

Jack
04-11-05, 11:24 PM
They're replacement dial faces and can stick on top of your existing dials. Dead easy to fit.

I didn't think 1.0's had the rev counter tho?

Wee_Watsi
04-11-05, 11:26 PM
they dont have rev counters, thats what im askin, can u fit a rev counter dial to a 1L dash?

Ste L
05-11-05, 12:23 AM
yea, sr and get dial's will fit stright in

Tazzy
05-11-05, 01:31 AM
youve got two options!

you can just buy a set of dial covers to fit the dash you have, they are all different colours!

or

you could go down the scrappy or look in the for sale section for a set of sr dials with a rev counter, then buy a set of dial covers (with rev counter) for them, then you will need to buy the extra wiring to wire up the rev counter!

both of which, i have for sale, both of which are cheap to do!

Rexy
05-11-05, 07:49 PM
Or you could go and buy a set of Mk2 SRi/sx dials with white faces thus saving cash on the shitty face things... while your there take the whole mk2 dash ;) and upgrade. I'm sure you would be able to match wires and solder then wrap tape around wires?

If not, mk1 SR/GTE clocks will fit straigt in, althou the engine oil pressure wont function. Rev counter on the 1.0l mk1 is a green wire whcih just needs to be plugged in.

WHichever way you choose have fun..

I'd personally get rid of that - "i know nothing about cars" shit and just whap a mk2 dash in there.