PDA

View Full Version : Irony

Jack
04-11-05, 04:17 PM
You know the song 'Ironic' by Alanis Morisette? Have you ever listened to the lyrics and realised they're not actually that ironic? Yes, this is exactly how bored I was today.

NOT IRONIC: An old man turned ninety-eight, He won the lottery and died the next day
IRONIC: Old man buys lotto ticket every saturday all his life. Dies the day BEFORE his numbers win.

NOT IRONIC: A black fly in your Chardonnay
IRONIC: You're a waiter and there's a black fly in your Chardonnay

NOT IRONIC: A death row pardon two minutes too late
IRONIC: Sat in the chair and the pardon comes through before they flick the switch - just as there's a power surge.

NOT IRONIC: Rain on your wedding day
IRONIC: Rain on your wedding day - and you're cheif forecaster at the Met office.

NOT IRONIC: A free ride when you?ve already paid
IRONIC: Spending your savings on first class tickets, only to win the same in a competition the next day

NOT IRONIC: Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly, takes a flight and crashes
IRONIC: Chuck Yeager takes his first commercial passenger flight and the plane crashes.

NOT IRONIC: A traffic jam when you?re already late
IRONIC: Traffic jam when you're already late on your way way to chair a meeting about urban congestion.

NOT IRONIC: A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break
IRONIC: A no-smoking sign on your cigarette break - and you work in a tobacco shop

NOT IRONIC: It?s like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
IRONIC: Being Uri Geller in the above situation....

NOT IRONIC: Meeting the man of your dreams, And then meeting his beautiful wife
IRONIC: Meeting the man of your dreams and then meeting his boyfriend lol (this wouldn't really work for men [unless you're gay], as finding a woman to be a lesbian most men would probably think to be a Godsend lol)

Philsutton
04-11-05, 04:31 PM
your bored, anyway some of them are just the same re-worded

sickrabbit
04-11-05, 04:50 PM
As a child to stop boredom my parents gave me a sheet of coloured paper with pto written in the right hand bottom corner on both sides .....I,m still unable to put this magnificent toy down.......

Dar
04-11-05, 05:51 PM
This made me chuckle :lol:
http://www.gonzogreg.com/images/POTD/200-irony.jpg

boredbloke
05-11-05, 11:04 AM
http://www.terranova.net/content/images/irony.jpg

:lol: