PDA

View Full Version : a rock and a hard place

sickrabbit
03-11-05, 09:30 PM
I,ve recently come into some dosh. Not a lot - a grand to be honest - inheritence from out of nowhere realy suprises I can tell !!
Now I,ve been thinking of another car...wifey is gonna get the Nova I own and I,m thinking of getting another Nova...

This time , tho, I may be lookin at one thats had some of the modding already done - ie suspension ,brakes ect .....and take it from there

or should I go for a different car altogether ??
I have considered getting an Astra , dropping it and fitting alloys and just keepin it basic......

I really am rather stuck in my descision....what would you do ??

if theres any out there of either type , please give us a shout

womble sri
03-11-05, 09:40 PM
id go for another nova but i wouldnt buy one already modded beacuse the chances are its probably some idiot who would of thrashed the engine. go for a standard one and mod it yourself

sickrabbit
03-11-05, 09:55 PM
yeah ...this has been a consideration...my Nova,s had only 3 owners from new , its 29k on the clock and luckily been serviced by my uncle previously for at least 6 years. Therefore I,ve done all the "additions " myself - suspension alloys body work ect , and havent thrashed the car . As all of you will no doubt agree , even these minor effects are expensive, so I have considered taking the chance of another previous modded Nova ( the engines are pretty reliable and basic if looked after ) and go from there. But these cars do have age and history , and it could prove very costly , I,ve been lucky on this Nova , but i very much doubt my luck can be repeated . I hope wifey enjoys it as much...

I think in realization , now , it may be worth while going for a newer car , like an Astra or something else. I,ve loved driving the Nova with its handling ect , and hope to find something else which has this motors character........or at least something similar

time to start keepin an eye out.....

Timmy
04-11-05, 02:57 PM
i think you should look at golf new and part are easy to come buy. or corsa? modded? calibra?

Jack
04-11-05, 04:29 PM
Well if it was my money and I had to use it to get another car, if that was the complete budget I'd look for a 106, 205, Nova or possibly a Golf. I'd be more inclined to put it towards something more substantial myself, but thats me, and I'm guessing you're looking for something small.

How about a mini?

sickrabbit
04-11-05, 05:03 PM
What as in skirt ? Pvc , or leather - black or red ?

I think maybe your wisdom to be right in putting it into something more substantial Razor.....

I do like the smaller motor , maybe a Golf should be considered ( scratches head - and then smells burning ) ......time to think..

I,ve asked my uncle to keep em peeled - it,ll take time but he,s never let the family down with a motor.

As long as its mk3 ford cortina , mint in flame red , with a motohead sound system i wont complain.......

wait n see.....

antinator
04-11-05, 05:41 PM
i got a astra mk3 and its defo a step up from a nova also prices for mods jump up aswell :evil: but hey whatever u like dude maybe a civic would be nice??

sickrabbit
04-11-05, 06:23 PM
theres a minter of a civic I,ve seen round dedfordshire......never driven one , but as a passenger in a standard one , the one thing i remember more than anything is it was as nippy as heck...

boredbloke
05-11-05, 11:53 AM
theres tigra on ebay the reserve is 500, maybe you could give him a call ?

the guys from the honda site i use, might be a worthy purchase?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4587622086

epo
05-11-05, 12:44 PM
get a golf or a bmw you could pick a 316 up for about a grand