PDA

View Full Version : What next?

Wee_Watsi
02-11-05, 11:10 PM
OK dudes bought a nova in April, dont have it on the road and started it regularly to keep 'er ticken.
Within the first month the left caliper siezes, so off I go to my parts shop and buy a caliper and pads. Get the new one on and go off to drive and hey presto!! the second caliper has gone as well. So back again and get this one fitted (by me and my dad of course), then i fire her up, or more she doesnt fire up. I find that shes only burnin on 3 cylinders cuz of corroded leads, was thinkin of gettin them replaced when today i go out to take her out for a wash when i put my foot on my clutch to find it isnt there and that the clutch cabl or somethin has snapped becuz the pedal just hangs there
Now, I know when i bought a nova it might need a little work surely not this much?

Anyway, I was wonderin if all u nova veterans could forewarn me of anything else I should look out for. Bear in mind that I can find no rust under the boot and it has been welded around the front struts and under the headlights.

So lads anythin in the engine to worry about?

Btw its a '92 1.0 8v 45 hp beast!

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Wee_Watsi

burgo
02-11-05, 11:31 PM
so let me get this right you think some new leads, a clutch cable and some calipers and pads is a lot of work!!! lmfao best sell the nova then mate

Wee_Watsi
02-11-05, 11:35 PM
ok smartass just tell me what to expect its stupid asking questions to idiots like you who dont know the answer but reply anyway, that comment was pointless.

burgo
02-11-05, 11:37 PM
how about you kiss my ass cheeky fook

Stuart
03-11-05, 08:03 AM
now now ladies.

burgo has a point, if you think a set of HT leads and a clutch cable is a lot of work, then your a tad delluded about novas, and cars in general.

get your brakes sorted out (ATE type even if they are only the baby ones) and thats atleast 50% of your worries gone.

burgo
03-11-05, 08:32 AM
sorry stu just i liked how im an idiot who aint got a clue apparently

Jos
03-11-05, 08:40 AM
sorry stu just i liked how im an idiot who aint got a clue apparently

But surely you can see that its one problem straight after another, and it really dis-heartens you when it happens!
Unfortunately Wee_Watsi its hard to predict. Just rest in the knowledge that now you've replaced it it's not going to go wrong for a long long time ... (hopefully)

The quick succession of problems will slow soon, but there will always be some unfortunately

burgo
03-11-05, 09:14 AM
i know it is i was gutted yesturday when my battery was dead but its part of having a car. just like you should expect things to go rong and i was just saying that a clutch cable, ht leads and brakes are nothing to cry about and yo expect more to go wrong