PDA

View Full Version : 1.2spi to 14sri engine conversion

SuperNova!
02-11-05, 03:04 PM
Hi I know that the engine will go straight in easily but I dont have a clue about the wiring,

I have been told that I need to strip my car and use the sri's entire loom is this correct? as I am going from spi to mpi/

Also would my 1.2 spi unit be able to run the 1400 by removing the mpi and fitting my 1.2 spi manifold and would I see much improvement?

If I remove the mpi from the sri engine how easy is it to fit a sr carb, On my car the fuel pump is in the tank and it is on the engine on the sri engine.

I know there are a lot of points and questions here but any help is very appreciated.

Ste L
02-11-05, 03:37 PM
basically if you want to fit an sri engine, get one from a corsa, or astra 1.4 mpi, cos they have the wiring loom seperate from the car loom unlike the sri....

don't even bother putting the spi inlet on the 1.4, it will lose power, and probably run shit

you could run a carb, but probably have a reduction in power, unless you are using twin 40's where you would gain from them if set up correctly

Adam
02-11-05, 03:46 PM
As Ste said, get the engine from a mk3 astra or a corsa.

Dont remove the MPi setup to fit a carb, or SPI. MPi is far superior to both SPi and a single carb.
The Spi inlet wont fit the mpi head anyways.

TBH, if you are going to keep the engine standardish, i wouldn't bother fitting t40s.
Just stick with the MPI system, its far more reliable for everyday driving.Then if you want more power you could fit t40s, a nice cam, have headwork done etc.

As for fuel pump, get the intank MPI pump from the astra/corsa and fit that in place of your SPI intank pump.

Ste_Nova
02-11-05, 07:33 PM
where are u in wales?

SuperNova!
02-11-05, 07:46 PM
Rhondda mate you?