PDA

View Full Version : Where did all the oil go??

RobWeaver
01-11-05, 07:43 PM
alrite peeps, I had bin checkin the trusty xe's oil regularly when using it, my oil gauge worked ok i think, registering at nothing,then when ignition on goes to full,then when engine running it went to half,but when revved went up to full and bk down when eased off etc....

BUT after leaving the car stood for a few weeks,it is tappety,and looking on the old dipstick it is showing empty?? so i am going to do oil change and watch it religiously, however it baffles me where all the oil may have gone as i have not been running it and there are no puddles under the car

very spooky

RobWeaver
01-11-05, 08:13 PM
oooh noone else has my problem lol :(

cooper_nova
01-11-05, 08:31 PM
oooh noone else has my problem lol :(

don't look like it!

have you checked the header tank for oil contamination???

RobWeaver
01-11-05, 08:53 PM
seems to be fine mate in the header tank...defo spooky...hope the headgasket hasnt developed a mahoooosive hole and its all in system waiting for me

dan23
01-11-05, 08:55 PM
do u get any coloured smoke when u start it up

Aragorn
02-11-05, 11:40 AM
that guage is oil PRESSURE and doesnt tell u anything about oil level (apart from perhaps dropping to zero when u run out and engine welds itself togehter)

the dipstick is the only thing that tells you how much oils in it, so its probably just been going down slowly and youve never actually checked it in a while

RobWeaver
02-11-05, 07:51 PM
okies cheers for the info peeps :) oil change and watch the mofo like a stalker :( car is going bk on road in couple of days,gotta get the sodding rooflining bk up then hey presto, mk1 xe alive again :D which means more pics from meeeeee cos im sad and click happy