PDA

View Full Version : Rush job big styleeeeeeeeee

Mike
01-11-05, 12:57 PM
The MKmeet is upon us, however, my nova failed, yes failed its MOT!

Copias amounts of welding need doing as well as slam panel thats about as sturdy as a paper ferris wheel!

So, it looks as if shes not coming to MK as it'll be having a new front end fitted! as well as a fuel tank, rear suspension mounts, fit my buckets more securly! Amongst other minor things.

Once that gets done, its gas flowed heas time, T40 setup on, and a lairy cam! A a huge vent to feed the ridiclious sized irmscher air box! Yeah 8)

Oh, and a set of wheels that fit! ET38 doesnt do your tracking any favours!

Have no fear, ill be there in my mates car though, a GSi engined SRi! Wahooooooo!

Mike

Col_Mk1
01-11-05, 01:28 PM
plentey work be done then :)

Mike
01-11-05, 01:33 PM
Oh yes! an plenty of overtime at work to pay for it! lol

Pain in the @rse my fricken nova, first it got robbed, then on december 12th the waterpump blew, then december 21st the head gasket, then the front tyres needed replacing in january, then a few panels, entire brake setup, then supension thne intereior had an overhaul with buckets, rear brace, rear seats out etc. new headlights an grille in about may due to some dosey @ss performing an emergency stop in the rain for no reason at all! w@nker :evil:

The oldest part of the car is now the shell, everything, and I mean everything else is new! :|

All ?6,800 of it too! :?

Stuart
01-11-05, 01:37 PM
atleast your still coming to MK, thats the spirit!

Give it some rev
01-11-05, 01:43 PM
good on ya m8, at least your saving another nova from the big scrap yard in the sky lol :P

chris

Col_Mk1
01-11-05, 01:47 PM
touch wood i wont have ur problems

Mike
01-11-05, 02:01 PM
You dont want my problems mate!

Col_Mk1
01-11-05, 03:28 PM
You dont want my problems mate!i know got plentey as it is :evil:

Mike
01-11-05, 03:30 PM
The only luck i got was buying a brand new iPod for ?180! Lol

and now i want to sell it as i need the money to fund my car repairs! hint hint! lol

Adam
01-11-05, 05:02 PM
Pain in the @rse my fricken nova, first it got robbed, then on december 12th the waterpump blew, then december 21st the head gasket, then the front tyres needed replacing in january, then a few panels, entire brake setup, then supension

I think that was a sign to get rid of it/\ :lol:

Good luck doing the repairs, how much welding does it need?

benji
01-11-05, 07:45 PM
i won't be there.

cooper_nova
01-11-05, 08:16 PM
Oh yes! an plenty of overtime at work to pay for it! lol

Pain in the @rse my fricken nova, first it got robbed, then on december 12th the waterpump blew, then december 21st the head gasket, then the front tyres needed replacing in january, then a few panels, entire brake setup, then supension thne intereior had an overhaul with buckets, rear brace, rear seats out etc. new headlights an grille in about may due to some dosey @ss performing an emergency stop in the rain for no reason at all! w@nker :evil:

The oldest part of the car is now the shell, everything, and I mean everything else is new! :|

fcuk me you trying to spend as much on your nova as brett has on his???!!! :lol:

Mitchybee
02-11-05, 12:06 PM
I havent been on the forum for a while!
This post has just made me realise that ive had my nova almost a year now? or maybe over a year!

Was at the last meet. wouldnt mind coming to this one although my car hasnt changed much :oops:

When is it?

Adam
02-11-05, 12:13 PM
When is it?
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=115221

19th

Col_Mk1
02-11-05, 12:41 PM
I havent been on the forum for a while!
This post has just made me realise that ive had my nova almost a year now? or maybe over a year!

Was at the last meet. wouldnt mind coming to this one although my car hasnt changed much :oops:

When is it?how nova cuming along?

Mitchybee
02-11-05, 12:51 PM
Um its ok. Not sure how it was last time i was on here?!

Got some wheels in the garage that im waiting to get sprayed up, off of a newer astra. Front coilovers and rear gas shocks waiting to go on. Upgraded all the speakers, got a sub and just need to find a compatible amp(and money!)

Hopefully getting the front brakes sorted soon as well. Need to buy some new rubber as well. but that can wait as the car isnt really that active yet...
Thats about it really...

Col_Mk1
02-11-05, 12:52 PM
Um its ok. Not sure how it was last time i was on here?!

Got some wheels in the garage that im waiting to get sprayed up, off of a newer astra. Front coilovers and rear gas shocks waiting to go on. Upgraded all the speakers, got a sub and just need to find a compatible amp(and money!)

Hopefully getting the front brakes sorted soon as well. Need to buy some new rubber as well. but that can wait as the car isnt really that active yet...
Thats about it really...

just stick at it lad 8)

Mike
02-11-05, 06:31 PM
Right got qoute today. new tank ?35+ Vat, recon steering rack ?45+ vat and an entire front end (slam panel + lower valance in one) ?55 + vat

The chap at the boyshop reckons with all the welding not much change out of ?900 and 1-2 weeks work! Oh an the boot floor needs welding, but i may just remove the psare wheel well?

Fitting and setup of the Webers are gonna have to wait then. Bugger :cry:

hhhhm??? But it would be the mintest shell then as its go for a respray after that.

So looks like its hire car time (a nice new corsa i think??) and plenty of overtime at work!

Anyone fancy lending me a grand?? Please? :lol:

Mike

Mike
02-11-05, 06:35 PM
Pain in the @rse my fricken nova, first it got robbed, then on december 12th the waterpump blew, then december 21st the head gasket, then the front tyres needed replacing in january, then a few panels, entire brake setup, then supension

I think that was a sign to get rid of it/\ :lol:

Good luck doing the repairs, how much welding does it need?

A lot of people on here may remember the rebuild i did last ear on this car due to some theiving skallys! Ive resurected it once, so i can do it again easy! LAst time it cost a total of ?1900+ to rebuild it!

This nova aint never gonna die as i wont let it! 8) :D

mikey14sr
02-11-05, 08:52 PM
flippin eck!, steering racks are only ?25 near me, ?20 extra surcharge though, so mine will be coming off before i pop out for the new one.

Riggy
02-11-05, 09:02 PM
Right got qoute today. new tank ?35+ Vat, recon steering rack ?45+ vat and an entire front end (slam panel + lower valance in one) ?55 + vat

The chap at the boyshop reckons with all the welding not much change out of ?900 and 1-2 weeks work! Oh an the boot floor needs welding, but i may just remove the psare wheel well?

Fitting and setup of the Webers are gonna have to wait then. Bugger :cry:

hhhhm??? But it would be the mintest shell then as its go for a respray after that.

So looks like its hire car time (a nice new corsa i think??) and plenty of overtime at work!

Anyone fancy lending me a grand?? Please? :lol:

Mike

fuckin hell mike , think its time to get rid fella ?900 is a lot mate

and it will only go again next year

save up another 200-300 and buy a mint already done valver :lol:

Mike
03-11-05, 09:19 AM
Ha ha! hhhm? might save a few ???'s so that when i hit 20, with held license for two years, and got 1 yrs NCB, as of next week i may be able to oinsure a valver? :lol:

Col_Mk1
03-11-05, 10:44 AM
fuck glad i get cheap resprays :o

Mike
03-11-05, 01:16 PM
Although i have got my hands a ?1300. enough to ocver repairs and a hire car for two weeks?

although the hire car is ?255, grp B hire var, a nice new fezzie! lol

So it could be make or break for my nova? dont be surpised if i arrive at MK in a 05 plate fezza! lol :|