PDA

View Full Version : Solinoid Door Mech...

sketch1.2i
16-04-02, 09:31 AM
I'm wanting to dehandle and de lock so where can i pickup a Solonoid kit for my Nova and is it pricey

Cheers

ade
16-04-02, 10:11 PM
check oot the parts for sales area - look for hi spec cars being broken up. If yer wanna delock/dehandle you'll need a mechanism linked to a remote key fob that somehow opens the door for yer - otherwise once unlocked how you gonner get in with no handles?

Ade

oh now, that is interesting!

djp_y2k
17-04-02, 10:44 AM
Speak to ur local ice shop or somewhere that sells alarms. They should be able to sort u out with some. Mine are GT ones, and cost about 7 quid each.

the solenoids are wired into my central locking, so when u lock ur doors with ur remote, they will not pop the doors. The solenoids will still operate, but ur doors will not open.

I have put buttons under my mirrors.

I had mine fitted nearly two years, and I havent had any problems with them, even when the battery is flat they still work.

Hope this is of some help.

dezfactor
18-04-02, 01:23 AM
where do you get the kits for central locking and remote door opening as i am also looking to delock and dehandle my nova

cheers

ade
18-04-02, 11:49 AM
I think yer answer lies in dip y2k's reply above...dont think u can buy a straight off the shelf kit - you kind of need to merge several bits together and do wot best suits you. Sounds liks dip y2k opens his doors from button under mirrors which acts as remote door handle - basically remove handle and substitute it for a solenoid linked to door catch - not done it meself but guess thats wot youd do. Dunno whether youd be able to get a remote fob that locks/unlocks then another button that opens doors - need to look into frequencies for modulators etc...

Ade

oh now, that is interesting!

djp_y2k
19-04-02, 06:56 PM
You can get alarms that have key fobs with extra buttons on for other features, e.g. clifford, toad (may need to uprate keyfob on some alarms). These other buttons can be used for popping ur doors. I have no idea what u need though. That type of thing is best left to the proffesionals.

As it says above. I unlock the car with the remote central locking, then press the button under my mirror to pop the door open. Simple really.