PDA

View Full Version : Respray Costs

Wee_Watsi
30-10-05, 04:20 PM
I have a 1L 1992 Nova with some rusty bodywork!!
I have a guy coming out to give me a quote on a respray from burgundy red to black.
I was wonderin what other people have been charged for similar work just to see how much i can expect to have to pay.
It will be an almost complete respray.

Any quick answers will be most appreciated.

Wee_Watsi

General Baxter
30-10-05, 04:48 PM
?100- ?100000000000

how the hell should we know??????

we dont run the company thats what a quote is for ;)

p.s as you can tell im in a mood with silly posts like this

Wee_Watsi
30-10-05, 05:13 PM
I was only wondering what other people have been charged for the same work done to their cars.
Useless comments like that from people who are trying to make as many posts as possible are not appreciated.

Wee_Watsi

novaco
30-10-05, 06:09 PM
thats you told baxter lol :lol: :lol:

i do agree with you though baxter i mean how are we suposed to know when all companys charge different prices for everything........and it depends what needs doing!

loads of people tell the body shop they need a full respray but then when they look closer there is loads of other work that needs doing to make it look good and its times like this that the price goes up and up!!!!!

but yes it could cost anything from ?100 +

karl

General Baxter
30-10-05, 06:12 PM
yeah

iv had a full inside and outside spray (with primer) for ?57
there we go thats how much i got charaged :lol:

Stuart
30-10-05, 06:14 PM
?100-400ish will get youa cheap crappy paint job that will probably look fine till next winter.

?500-?800 will be a decent enough job thats durable too.

?800+ and your looking at a baaaad ass job that shouldnt go bad for a good few years.

novaco
30-10-05, 06:17 PM
remember though stuart that he wants red to blck which will be a pearl paint and when i painted mine with a pearl i used 3 1/2 litres for a nice thik decent coat and it wasnt cheap and then you have your laquer on top of that.

in total mine cost me like just over ?200 and that was just for paint and laquer.

Karl

Stuart
30-10-05, 06:24 PM
dosent have to be pearl lol. he might simply be wanting a colour change, IE spraying the car only in black lol.

i paid about ?250ish for all primer, paint, thinners, hardener and consumables when i did mine. But ive not laquered it, and it would have been cheaper had i only got one colour :)

do the basic prep work yourself and you can save a lot of money. but some bodyshops dont like you doing even taht as they might not know what chemicals you used etc.

SRlew
30-10-05, 07:00 PM
as said, it'll also depend how much work on the body is needed, as it'll probably take a bit of time for that to be done etc.

i spoke to my dad about my re-spray, and said it wont take too long but the work needed, like the welding on the doors will be the time consuming.

also my mate had his done for ?300 and it looks like a good job too, depends with all body shops supose.

Jack
30-10-05, 07:18 PM
dosent have to be pearl lol. he might simply be wanting a colour change, IE spraying the car only in black lol.
Thats how I read it.

Wherever you go, make a point of seeing some of their previous work so you know how good they are. And bear in mind just because its expensive, doesn't mean it'll be a good job :wink:

novaco
30-10-05, 07:46 PM
Sorry guys i didnt read it like that!! :lol:

the way i read it was that he wanted a paint that changed from burgendy red to black like in different lights!!

Benn
31-10-05, 07:10 PM
how rusty is it?
hoe bad is the body on it?
will you strip it?

Wee_Watsi
01-11-05, 07:46 PM
The car has already been welded and my dad is a fibre glass engineer so he can sort the arches which are a bit rusted. Also there is a nasty bit of rust at the bottom of the door on the passanger side and just a few bubbly bits here and there. Im just lookin it sprayed black and ill take out the seats and carpet cuz there is new stuff goin in anyway.
I think hes gonna charge around the ?600 - ?700 mark, but I know that the amount of money you spend is not a reflection of how good the job will be done.

Thanks for your opinions and info lads.

Cheers,
Wee_Watsi

Benn
02-11-05, 12:26 AM
some bodyshops will do it cheaper and you wont get as nice job
if you payed more somewhere else,i know this for a fact,
700 is a good price for the job,if you getting everything sorted,
have you seen work out the bodyshop? see how good they are?

rudeboy69r
02-11-05, 08:27 PM
iv just got a quote on mine for a total respray.the same colour mind and without laber cost (cuz i no the bloke yes lol) it was 300..... but could be alot more for change of colour...

Benn
02-11-05, 08:50 PM
iv just got a quote on mine for a total respray.the same colour mind and without laber cost (cuz i no the bloke yes lol) it was 300..... but could be alot more for change of colour...

yeah its labor that costs mate...

F188CHG
03-11-05, 03:29 PM
Im paying ?300 for mine and that inc full under coat in 2pak primer(good Shit) was blue but its going to be Type R cosmic grey

Benn
03-11-05, 07:05 PM
all primers the same really,
and 300noyes for a colour change? thats f**king cheap!

SRimon
05-11-05, 02:16 PM
i paid 1k for mine...

pretty good job not 100% but then i didnt pay 2k for it lol...also had delocked doors, flushed boot, number plate recess, smooth wings, smooth bonnet, colour coded evrything, side skirts fitted, new front panel, rear arches rolled and flared