PDA

View Full Version : alloys

Anonymous
12-02-01, 08:29 PM
Right,Im now looking for alloys at the mo,does anyone know where I can get some good condition white astra GTE alloys?-the 14" ones?-whats your views on these?-I think they could look good contrasting against my carmine red paintwork and if I got some thin vinyl graphics(sad eh?) made up for them saying something like opel racing or something similar,they might be acceptable?-otherwise Im considering some late cavalier CD alloys,the slanty 14" 5 spoked affairs,not the late SRi curly 5spoke affairs,let us know if Ive lost the plot ok?

Anonymous
13-02-01, 02:41 AM
I like those Astra alloys m8.
I'd do without the centre caps though - I think they can look like wheel trims with the caps on!
With the caps off, you can see the bolts, and they look motor motor-sport style. (have I lost it? lol)

Take a look in the picture gallery and feature cars sections - there's a couple in there with these alloys on

Anonymous
13-02-01, 11:37 AM
Ive seen them with these alloys, I will have them in white if they are cheap enough, as Im building a budget nova,just to show my mates what you can do for peanuts,its coming along nicely at the mo.I did have the same front bumper config as u,the late mk1 bumper with early SR valance at the front, and I also have this rare grille with recessed fogs,I cannot decide if I like it or not at the moment

Anonymous
14-02-01, 08:53 AM
No ! You've lost the plot !! lol :O

lee@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
14-02-01, 10:44 AM
I used to have white GTE wheels on my astra and they looked great when it was first washed but a few miles down the road they were covered in brake dust........bear it in mind

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
14-02-01, 06:15 PM
hmmmm,not sure wot to do about the alloys now, the thing that inspired me was theres a mk2 whitey cruisin round lincoln with vauxhall graphiv sunstrip and these alloys with no centre caps on, I have only just realised wot the alloys are off of, and thought that it might make mine look a little more like a rally slag-mobile

Anonymous
14-02-01, 07:52 PM
ive seen them white with oz racing graphics on and they looked ok from a distance (in my rear view mirror!)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
14-02-01, 10:03 PM
nice one micky :D

Anonymous
15-02-01, 07:33 PM
I dont wanna put oz graphics on em,I was considering putting opel racing on em to take the piss a bit

Anonymous
15-02-01, 08:02 PM
should look alright matey

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
16-02-01, 02:11 AM
I've tried to do my car on "peanuts" too m8.
How's yours going?

Mine has only cost about ?1200, and that includes the original purchase of the car!
The most expensive bit where the wheels...well, more accurately, the tyres!
Those 15" Cav GSi alloys cost me ?150, but had 205-55-15 tyres on 'em!

Did they catch the arches?

What do you think lol!
They did go on though, but only stayed on for two days - the handling was shit.
I got ?45 for the old tyres, so the wheels cost ?105 in the end. Not bad for 15's
I've seen those Astra GTE wheels for as little as ?45.....I'd call that peanuts!

Anonymous
16-02-01, 07:22 PM
my car cost ?200,then the SR bumper was ?30,Sr boot spoiler was?2 from a breakers,?50 for cd player(pioneer deh 525r) kenwood 7x10s for ?25 second hand,momo shoulder pads made an MDF shelf,but needs to be trimmed,SR speedo?5,SR wheel,swapped with Mr coull(spelling?) for my euro cluster,plenty more to come,got 2 replacement doors ?10 each and a wing for ?5, all needs spraying up now, one arch sortin and the bootspoiler bonding on,all in all I think it has come to around?340ish,not bad for a 1.2 merit with only 64k on the clock(the car had been neglected loads tho) it aint goin bad and Im well happy so far

Anonymous
17-02-01, 12:56 AM
Crikey...that's peanuts alright!

I have had a few expensive bits, which up set the budget, like going for 195-45's instead of 195-50's, elecy windows @ ?130, full Peco @ ?78 and ?65 ish (back box, intermediate), K&N @ ?47, Mountney Corsa D leather steering wheel and Momo boss @ ?130, but everything else was done on a budget.

Corsa A GT front bumper @ ?20, GTE rear bumper lower "flick" @ ?5!, Cav SRi side skirts @ ?15, custom grill @ ?3, plus paint and mesh, so total of about ?10, slide and tilt sunroof @ ?20, front slitter @ FREE, fully re-built head @ ?15, Cav front callipers @ ?10 each, plus ?10 per calliper for re-conditioning kits,

I could have got the exhaust, K&N, elecy windows etc, second hand I suppose - then it really would have been a budget car.
Still, ?1200 is not a lot (it's about that - I've not actually added it all up)

Anonymous
23-02-01, 06:56 PM
Ive seen ur website,its a humbling experience,the early nova u had looked nice didnt it?-another thing,u said ud like to get SR seats and retrim em to the same interior as urs,u thought about a late spec SR/SRI interior to go in till u can get it trimmed?-these come in red or blue,Im on the lookout for a grey stripey SR interior for mine,I will be able to aford an interior in just over a lweeks time I reckon.