PDA

View Full Version : opening rear qtrs...glass? perspex??

RobWeaver
27-10-05, 07:32 PM
i am really wanting a set of opening rear qtrs for me red rocket...i have some spare window surrounds for an SR... what I am now wondering, is will astra gte mechs mate up to this? the way vaux interbreeding goes? and IF this works out...could i get some glass from vaux or just any autoglass place? or even get perspex and drill it ti suit? and what about rubbers?

mikey14sr
27-10-05, 07:50 PM
I looked into this a few years ago, the hinges from a mk2 astra should slot into the holes in the B pillar nicely, the "lock" for the rear edge should also fit. The glass seems to be curved in two directions, so slightly moulded perspex is probably the best bet. You might be able to use the astra rubbers aswell, otherwise you'll have to search some scrappys on the continent, spain/greece etc.

Ste L
27-10-05, 09:37 PM
some euro nova's or should i says corsa's came with opening rear window's as standard, if i could be arsed, i would look on the epc, for pics and part no. but i can't lol

RobWeaver
27-10-05, 10:09 PM
some bloke in germany was selling a set but was missing one glass afaik but im going to dig out epc one day this week lol