PDA

View Full Version : rear window heater...

sickrabbit
27-10-05, 06:40 PM
Gotta feelin my rear window heaters knackered ... I,ve checked the fuse and all seems fine so till I can get my brothers meter on it I wont really be any wiser . If this unit has had it - obviously it means a new rear window ?? If so is it possible to be able to get to the rear window washer from inside the windows location with the window removed ?? . I had a spoiler fitted some time back and its on for good. Therefore the washer unit is hidden under the spoiler. The washer pipe has perished near the washer unit ,so if its possible I want to repair the washer pipe with a new bit , and then get the heater going...can this be done ??
regs ....

bump
28-10-05, 05:44 PM
it doesn't necessarily mean a new window, you can get a repair spray if it's the window. could be a cable otherwise that's gone.

can't help with the washer pipe thugh as i have no experience of them on a nova.

sickrabbit
29-10-05, 09:12 AM
cheers matey ...will investigate....!

bump
29-10-05, 02:36 PM
here you are matey

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/PermaPoxy_Expoxies___Sealants.html

that's got the stuff on if it's the element on the glass that has gone.
best thing i can think of is to get a multi meter on it. as it's not shorting becuse the fuse is intact. it's just not completeing the circuit by the sound of things.

sickrabbit
29-10-05, 07:46 PM
Gratitude to you mate . I,ll get the multi meter on it and check for shorts ect...thanx again. :D