PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 engine

novamadcars
25-10-05, 10:41 PM
hi just wondering what i can do 2 a 1.2 engine 2 make it a little faster if thair is a way cheers

Jack
25-10-05, 11:08 PM
Yeah, take it out and put a 1.6 in :lol:

All depends on budget and how far you want to go really... you'd be wise to spend money on brakes/suspension, and losing weight first to make the car "feel" faster

novamadcars
25-10-05, 11:43 PM

All depends on budget and how far you want to go really... you'd be wise to spend money on brakes/suspension, and losing weight first to make the car "feel" faster

you say suspenshion and weight how can i reduce weight ? and what suspention as i have lowering springs on my nova im stripping now?

cooper_nova
25-10-05, 11:53 PM

you say suspenshion and weight how can i reduce weight ? and what suspention as i have lowering springs on my nova im stripping now?

if you really want to loose all the weight then you only want a drivers seat gear leaver peddals and a dash inside the car

novamadcars
25-10-05, 11:55 PM
wish i could mate as my g/f wouldent aprove of only 1 seat and plus i use my car for every day use so carry mates around and g/f lol

Stuart
26-10-05, 07:59 AM
see the FAQ's at the top of the tech page..... usefull info there!

as for ferrying your mates about, feck em, have two seats and be done with it.

Only tune the 1.2 if your "serious" about it though as its a bit of a waste if you only want to up to power a bit until you get a 1.6/xe etc.

burgo
26-10-05, 03:31 PM
if you wanna loose weight take all the gay stick on stuff off you call a "bodykit". then take up the carpet and remove all the standard sound deadening. plus if the misses has a problem with it she can walk

novamadcars
26-10-05, 06:04 PM
ill leave it then till i can get my bigger engine cheers anyway lads

Mike.
26-10-05, 07:46 PM
see the FAQ's at the top of the tech page..... usefull info there!

as for ferrying your mates about, feck em, have two seats and be done with it.

Only tune the 1.2 if your "serious" about it though as its a bit of a waste if you only want to up to power a bit until you get a 1.6/xe etc.

the FAQ's are helpful, they helped me alot when i wanted to tune my 1.2, they'll help me again now i want to tune the 1.4 :lol:

Philsutton
26-10-05, 08:03 PM
i ran around for ages with only one seat in my car, im not a fucking ferry. If your mates dont have their own cars its time they started to learn to drive. Cheapest an easist way to make it faster is lose weight also you dont need a dash an heaters as well.

Riggy
26-10-05, 09:38 PM
or a washer bottle phill :wink: :lol: