PDA

View Full Version : colour coded spoiler and skirts or not?

SRlew
25-10-05, 02:25 PM
right then im giving the car a re-spray next month in flame red with colour coded bumpers, but carnt decide if i should spray the side skirts and spoiler red or black/grey.
im doing the wheels black aswell.
i want either vinyl or a black strip sprayed on the tailgate aswell (SR style)

its a mk1
what you all recon?

cheers, lew

F188CHG
25-10-05, 02:36 PM
Leave them unpainted especialy if your getting new vinyl :o

probert_nova
25-10-05, 03:05 PM
yeah i'd say leave em unpaited but i think it looks better with the bottom of the car sprayed anthracite, check my feature.

SRlew
25-10-05, 04:20 PM
:x probert that looks wicked mate!!

my original plan was to get mine back to standard like yours probert, but then when i baught the GTE bumpers (red) i thought id do it all red.

but now im back to square one :?

now im thinking i should do the bumpers and skirts in anthracite again.
thats what my original plan was..... make it look standard with subtle mods like the skirts, mirrors and maybe a smooth tailgate or just the handle :?

i really dont know now!

F188CHG
25-10-05, 05:30 PM
Get some 1 to photo shop it and give you an idea of the diffrent styles :wink:

SRlew
27-10-05, 03:04 PM
right, im thinking of leaving the spoiler and skirts, doing the bumpers red but leaving the rear bumper lip grey, then if i ever want to go to grey bumpers again i can just spray my old ones anthracite. sounds like a plan to me :D

cheers

F188CHG
27-10-05, 03:17 PM
Yeap go for it!
Y do u have a large rear nuber plate m8?

SRlew
27-10-05, 03:50 PM
yer.

its just a square one my brother put on it when it was his, thinking of trying to get a motorbike one on it if i can, cause i qiuet like the square one on the back aswell, somthing a bit different.

when he did it i thought it was gunna looke dodgey but, when it got ut n i liked it.

F188CHG
27-10-05, 05:11 PM
i am getting a motor bike 1 with the edges trimed off for my delta bumper but i have stick on 1ns for the back to go on my smoothe bumper :wink:

SRlew
27-10-05, 05:38 PM
are you actually aloud to use motorbike ones on a car. i dont really wanna get pulled by the old bill for it.

F188CHG
27-10-05, 05:53 PM
as far as i know its legat tender so yes think it will be ok

SRlew
29-10-05, 08:57 PM
alright nice one mate, might get me one.

cheers lew

scott.parker
29-10-05, 11:46 PM
Me i would do the sides,including skirts in blck/anthracite etc,and the bumpers and boot parts... :D

Old school cool

Scott

Ste L
30-10-05, 09:37 AM
i'd stay keep the bottom half all gray/mattt back, everyone colour codes these days. or just leaves the bumpers grey,

RobWeaver
30-10-05, 12:45 PM
rover hurricane grey is a closer finish to original SR coloring :) if that is indeed what you are aiming for, i have done my rear in it, and a rear on my old glacier white SR :) personally, i would color code all, and leave skirts n bottom section of bumpers grey, or leave the whole lot grey...2 tone style :) color coded bumpers AND grey vinyl is a no no in my modding book :lol: