PDA

View Full Version : Are Gsi Rear Bumpers The Same As Standard MK2 Rear Bumpers

s0nny
24-10-05, 02:48 PM
hi does anyone know if there the same but painted if not whats the difference i havent been able to compare
cheers Sonny

Ste L
24-10-05, 03:10 PM
same, except gsi's have a very small exhaust cut out, not really that notice-able though

s0nny
24-10-05, 03:12 PM
cheers thought so

Will
24-10-05, 03:14 PM
same, except gsi's have a very small exhaust cut out, not really that notice-able though

what he said

if you really want the gsi look get a mk2 rear and make your own cutout ;) :D

s0nny
24-10-05, 03:16 PM
dont suppose you know the dimensions of the cut out

R1CH
24-10-05, 09:42 PM
dont suppose you know the dimensions of the cut out

The front bit measures 90mm across & comes up the bumper about 15mm
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/ricmetcalf/DSC00174.jpg

The back measures 120mm
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/ricmetcalf/DSC00175.jpg

From the center of the cut out to the center of the bracket that attatches to the spare wheel well = 400mm

Hope you made sence of that !!

By the way a standard MK2 rear bumper is the same price as a GSi rear bumper from Vaux.

Rich

Ben
25-10-05, 12:09 AM

Wrong wrong wrong

The GSi bumpers are finished a load better and dont have the stippled effect, no matter how much priming it wont get it the same.

F188CHG
25-10-05, 10:17 AM
2pak primer covers all :lol:
worked on my mk2 bumper!!!

Ste L
25-10-05, 10:35 AM

Wrong wrong wrong

The GSi bumpers are finished a load better and dont have the stippled effect, no matter how much priming it wont get it the same.

thats weird, cos a gsi front bumper when it aint painted bobbley like a standard mk2 front bumper... so i presumed the rear would be the same

F188CHG
25-10-05, 10:46 AM
Hmmm dunno, But i have seen a after market gsi kit that was smooth
and the gsi bumper on my old sr was smooth bunno where it came from but :roll:

R1CH
25-10-05, 06:38 PM

Wrong wrong wrong

thats weird, cos a gsi front bumper when it aint painted bobbley like a standard mk2 front bumper... so i presumed the rear would be the same

Well i bought new GSi bumpers (which come unpainted ) from Vaux and they are finished exactly the same as standard MK2 bumpers, they had a standard MK2 rear bumper in stock when i got mine and they were the same bar the cut out for the exhaust.

Rich

Ste_Nova
26-10-05, 01:57 PM
they are covered in etch primer also... so no prep needed before painting