PDA

View Full Version : My Nova - Road Kill Video

SRimon
18-10-05, 10:02 PM
http://img348.imageshack.us/img348/4509/untitlednovarace1yf.jpg

This was taken from 40mph - about 100-120 can't remember...

Im in the outside lane with the camera, next in is a BMW 328i (De-restricted - 220+bhp) and a T Plate Honda Integra Type R next lane over...

Heres the video (12mb)

Sorry for the probs - hosted on putfile now:

Click here to watch sitavyyalden (http://media.putfile.com/sitavyyalden)

Upload Video and Images - Putfile (http://www.putfile.com)

Wuhooo!

Martin
18-10-05, 10:09 PM
i cant get the vid :cry:

SRimon
18-10-05, 10:09 PM
click download in the free section

u gotta wait for it

SRimon
18-10-05, 10:11 PM
oh i must admit, this was from a rolling start, from off the mark the beemer beats me :cry:

Benn
18-10-05, 10:11 PM
whats the pic dude?

SRimon
18-10-05, 10:15 PM
whats the pic dude?

the opening caption of the video where we all start off from :wink: well just after

Martin
18-10-05, 10:17 PM
how long does it take??

SRimon
18-10-05, 10:18 PM
depends on your connection - BB should take less than 5 mins, i'd make the clip smaller in size but i dunno how!

Martin
18-10-05, 10:23 PM
ive been waiting like 5mins and it says i've already dowloaded it twice :?

Benn
18-10-05, 10:28 PM
nothing loads...

Martin
18-10-05, 10:42 PM
same here

SRimon
18-10-05, 10:53 PM
editted original link, gaaaaaay rapidshare! :lol:

boredbloke
18-10-05, 11:35 PM
super road kill.... :roll:

srs1
19-10-05, 08:44 AM
so you beat them for a grand total of 30 seconds. (if that)

well done.

Chris
19-10-05, 09:35 AM
that is a crap video imo, get one in the daylight

Chris

SRimon
19-10-05, 10:00 AM
that is a crap video imo, get one in the daylight

Chris

All well and good, but find a dead bit of road where that possible in day light...

sorry it bored you all :roll:

SRimon
19-10-05, 10:07 AM
so you beat them for a grand total of 30 seconds. (if that)

well done.

I'd like to see any race that from 40 lasts much longer than 30 seconds too....unless u slow down and then race up again I've got a video of olly hewit's nova doing 0-140 and only taking 38 seconds....

srs1
19-10-05, 10:14 AM
come again?

Chris
19-10-05, 10:29 AM
take it to a track, or if you do it on the road, dont come on here and brag about it, thats why we all get tarred with the same brush

Chris

SRimon
19-10-05, 10:40 AM
:roll:

I fail to beleive that all of you who build quicker car's don't have a play around on the motorway late at night with your mates....I really don't!!

Save it for the track, I Never drive over the speed limits on UK roads, i've got 200bhp in my nova that only gets used twice a year
Yea ok...

Sorry for the moan

SRimon
19-10-05, 10:42 AM
and just for the record, i'm not a chav or a boy racer, i don't go racing round our city centre, if you notice that vid, it was me and a few mates on a very quiet piece of road at 2am in the morning with not another car in site...yes i know 'morally' its still wrong, but some of us can't afford to do a track day just to see how we compare against other cars....

Some of you are so naive

Nick
19-10-05, 04:43 PM
lol - laws are laws, it isn't up to you to decide wether they are innapropriate.

I finished my 16T40 had it for an afternoon, and i didn't really break a speed limit at all in it - Speed limits are there so that in the event of a accident, you a - have enough to to react, slow down, avoid . and B - so that if it all goes pear shaped after your initial reaction you hopefully wont kill yourself, your passengers or someone else you crash into.

And i think chris is 100% correct, be mature and responsible for other people and take it to a track - Aftrer all, racing a BMW down a motorway means nothing , anyone can stick their foot down and drive in a straigt line

Nick
19-10-05, 04:45 PM
p.s it's like saying

It's alright to kill a homeless person because hopefully no-one will miss them, notice them or see you do it

but really, it's not

Jack
19-10-05, 05:05 PM
If a tree falls in the forest 1000 miles from anyone, does it still make a noise?

...appropriate lol :lol:

Adam Moran
19-10-05, 05:05 PM
Nice Si ;)

Tell Yeldan i'll see him on the A38 :lol:

SRimon
19-10-05, 05:17 PM
lol - laws are laws, it isn't up to you to decide wether they are innapropriate.

I finished my 16T40 had it for an afternoon, and i didn't really break a speed limit at all in it

What a waste of money :roll: You may as well left the 1.2 in...

I really cannot believe it, look, i'm not a dick, i won't drive even remotely unapproiatley in an area i think there could be risk...as said earlier im not a chav, or a br...people who know me will vouch for that! Is there any real harm, in doing speeds on a road which can handle it and having some playtime with your mates?

As for saying about the law's, i know of 2 official organisations around here who go road rallying around the roads here, and theres speed limits on here, but because the roads are known to be dead here they get backing to go through these at speed

If a tree falls in the forest 1000 miles from anyone, does it still make a noise?

...appropriate lol

Agreed

Im not saying maybe it wasn't wrong, of course speeding is illegal, but you lot saying keep it for the track is utter balls...unless you have mega money and two nice cars to drive no-one saves a car 'just' for track.

Plus im all up for track days, cos you would still push your car more on a track day than you would on any road....

Chris
19-10-05, 05:24 PM
I cant say that I never speed because I do, most of my miles (around 90%) are done on the motorway (although not in the nova) but I dont come on here saying that I have slated other cars and video'd it. When other people come on here and see that I dont know what they think but it is quite easy for them to be stereotypical (sp?) with them thinking that nova drivers are just wanting to race because they have a small light car which can be built for a grand to do 140mph. Get over it, I aint having a go about driving like a dick, just think you are all side by side at 40mph then you go for it upto a claimed 130mph, if you had a blowout at that speed, wether there are no other cars around or not, you WILL have still took out at least the other two cars.

/off rant

Chris

Jack
19-10-05, 05:26 PM
lol actually i wrote "appropriate" on the tree comment because of Nick loving trees lol, but yes, its also appropriate to this ... discussion!

Tell Yeldan i'll see him on the A38 :lol:
Ooooo I embarrassed a prelude on the A38 at Plymouth last weekend :lol:

SRimon
19-10-05, 05:30 PM
Chris: I see what you mean, and yea ok, i suppose from the outset it does look a little boyracerish me saying ooo i beat this...

All it really was tho, some people say they beat stuff and never have proof, just merely showing the proof...its a pet hate of mine when people say ooo i beat this when blatently their cars never could...some people may not have beleived that i beat i 220-240 bhp bmw, unless they saw that vid, my mates beemer aint shy!

Just don't tarr me with the brush that im a typical Nova chav cos i aint :lol:

Chris
19-10-05, 05:34 PM
that's not the way it comes across though, so you dont come across as a boy racer and someone doesnt believe you that you cant beat a 220hp BMW, tell them what pwer yours it and how much it weighs, if someone cant work it out then they aint worth arguing with IMO but someone who can work it out will respect what you are saying

Chris

Nick
19-10-05, 07:07 PM
What a waste of money icon_rolleyes.gif You may as well left the 1.2 in...

I really cannot believe it, look, i'm not a dick, i won't drive even remotely unapproiatley in an area i think there could be risk...as said earlier im not a chav, or a br...people who know me will vouch for that! Is there any real harm, in doing speeds on a road which can handle it and having some playtime with your mates?

As for saying about the law's, i know of 2 official organisations around here who go road rallying around the roads here, and theres speed limits on here, but because the roads are known to be dead here they get backing to go through these at speed

not really a waste of money at all....

And no 12 car, stage rallying, road rallying does NOT get permission to break limits. The police know they do it and do clamp down on it - Believe me, i'm a member of such a club.

In no way at all do they promote speeding - Wether it's a stage rally, a orientation rally or a code board event

scott.parker
19-10-05, 07:32 PM
Well i see what si is saying and also see what chris is saying,but come on lads lay off a bit,chris i can remember you telling me a few storys you wouldnt want most other nl members to know of,and sean your the same,look lets face it,we all do it at times,hence the post's that say on my private track etc,Mr rowntree likes to call it the red mist :lol:

Scott

Jack
19-10-05, 07:39 PM
chris i can remember you telling me a few storys you wouldnt want most other nl members to know of
Are we still talking about tales of driving exploits here?

:lol: :wink:

scott.parker
19-10-05, 07:44 PM
Yes jack we are,so put it back in your pants.... :roll: :lol:

Scott

scott.parker
19-10-05, 07:44 PM
Yes jack we are,so put it back in your pants.... :roll: :lol:

Scott

*ohh dubel bubel * :lol:

srs1
19-10-05, 10:21 PM
yes i know 'morally' its still wrong, but some of us can't afford to do a track day just to see how we compare against other cars....

Some of you are so naive

but your mate with a 220-240 bhp bmw can and i am sure the honda prelude type r could do too.

sorry picking at holes lol

glad to hear you have kept the (shall we say outing) to the motorway, as i detaste people who race through the streets.

Lee
19-10-05, 10:50 PM
.. especially when theyre in 1.2's with eleventy tons of fiberglass and they look about 15. I agree, i feel i need to punch them.

Ive ragged about on motorways and backroads before. Definately not condoning it but i think your pushing the truth boundaries if you say you never speed. Ive actually taken mine off the road to use purely on track because i felt the thing was too fast compared to the crumple zone availiable to me. Im also loving floating around in a big slow auto barge without having to worry about it being quick cos i have a rocket in the garage. Roads are too busy to fuck about on nowadays IMO.

Lee H
20-10-05, 11:17 AM
Well i see what si is saying and also see what chris is saying,but come on lads lay off a bit,chris i can remember you telling me a few storys you wouldnt want most other nl members to know of,and sean your the same,look lets face it,we all do it at times,hence the post's that say on my private track etc,Mr rowntree likes to call it the red mist :lol:

Scott

Well said.

boredbloke
20-10-05, 09:51 PM
.. especially when theyre in 1.2's with eleventy tons of fiberglass and they look about 15. I agree, i feel i need to punch them.

Ive ragged about on motorways and backroads before. Definately not condoning it but i think your pushing the truth boundaries if you say you never speed. Ive actually taken mine off the road to use purely on track because i felt the thing was too fast compared to the crumple zone availiable to me. Im also loving floating around in a big slow auto barge without having to worry about it being quick cos i have a rocket in the garage. Roads are too busy to f**k about on nowadays IMO.

totally agree mate,

and simon surely if you can afford to spend that much money on a nova, u could easili afford a day at a track :roll: