PDA

View Full Version : the age of novaload

totalnova
17-10-05, 11:00 PM
check tha date out of this site it says on the link the first member joined in 1970 wtf :?

is this site 35 years old cause novas aint that old
http://www.novaload.net/forums/memberlist.php

scott.parker
17-10-05, 11:01 PM
:lol: i think it's like if your watch or vidio gets reset,etc the date sets it self back to etc etc,as if novaload is that old,ffs :lol:

Ste L
18-10-05, 12:51 AM
novaload's about 6 or 7 years old i think

Stuart
18-10-05, 07:57 AM
started in 1998

a couple of months before i actuall got my black nova lol. ive been on since i got that in march 98.... but this forum only goes back to about 2001ish as we had a bit of an update.

Ste L
18-10-05, 10:26 AM
i remember the very very old site, come along way since then

dan16v
19-10-05, 05:50 PM
yup i remember the old one! that pic of the white nova gsi with 17 or 18's on?
i joined in 1999 with a diff user name! :lol:

Alex
19-10-05, 09:34 PM
NovaTrader was where it was at!

Breeny
20-10-05, 01:11 PM
And Novaweb... lol TopBuzz... Dec's PNG region 8 site...

We've been on here far too long!!

Ste_Nova
20-10-05, 02:01 PM
And Novaweb... lol TopBuzz... Dec's PNG region 8 site...

We've been on here far too long!!

lol get back to 1995 :o

kev saw my site when he was in college before he got a nova then he got a nova... the rest is history! the feature car generator is a direct decendent of my car specs page :lol: and if you want really funny i'll post the guest book :twisted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/site.jpg

Ste_Nova
20-10-05, 02:07 PM
Wednesday, June 10 at 01:44 AM:
Steve from Test wrote:
"Test"
Wednesday, June 10 at 01:43 AM:
Steve Homepage Owner from Here wrote:
"Is this working "

Tuesday, May 19 at 02:23 AM:
Iain Kendall from Aberdeen, Scotland wrote:
"Hi! Your sites shit hot, I'm 17, I'm sitting my test in 1 weeks time. I bought a 1.0 litre Nova for ?550, which is a bargain, considering what I got, I have plans to customise it and modify it's engine and generally make it a littel shit kicker. Anyone any suggestions"

Monday, May 18 at 03:08 AM:
Ian Cooke from Warley, West Midlands wrote:
"Hi!There was more on the one below but I wont bore you with it now as there wasnt enough space when I submitted it. Last word says "legit". E-Mail RCooke4013@AOL.COM "

Monday, May 18 at 03:04 AM:
Ian Cooke from Warley,West Midlands wrote:
"Hi!I am 17 in august and have recently brought a black 1.4 SR for the grand sum of ?400. Your thinking it's a shed, I wouldnt blame you, but youd be wrong to think that. Ive been told it's about a 1990 and by the looks of the bodywork and engine I would possibly say it is. You may be wondering how I managed this, or calling me a jammy little sod, well i'll tell you. At college (Halesowen) one day a freind of mine drove to college in his car, I went out to the car park with him to have a look at it and instantly decided how much of a lovley car it looked. He told me all about it, how much he paid, and that sort of stuff. Then I continued with my college day, dreaming that one day I would be able to own a nova like that( this was to come sooner than I ever imagined). I thought nothing more of it. A couple of weeks later he came into college and said that he was having some trouble with the car,i.e it had a hole in the floor where the chasis number should be with a new one stamped in at the side and no engine number. The car was taken to the police station where it was decided that the B registration plates and the chasis number were off another nova from a scrapyard somewhere. Whilst the police investigated the situation my friend was told he couldnt drive the car so he was back to catching the bus (ha ha). The police couldnt trace where the car had came from so they said he could keep it on one condition, that it went on the dreaded Q plates. He agreed and set out to get some insurance. He found the prices too high and decided to sell the car. Imagine my delight when I was told the car was for sale for ?400. On the way to view the car with my dad he was a bit scepticale but on seeing it he couldnt belive the quality of it and said OK. So now I am the proud owner of this superb example of a nova. I have been sent all the new registration details and new chasis number by the DVLA and now everything is leg"

Wednesday, April 29 at 01:41 AM:
Will Perry from Cambridge/Sheffield wrote:
"Hi! Max. appreciation to the Nova...I drive a 1984 Swing, newly acquired, complete with concrete spoiler and stripey seats... "

Wednesday, April 22 at 04:11 AM:
Andy Stanton from Alton, Hampshire, England wrote:
"Hello, I have a red Nova 1.3 saloon. I think I am the only person in the world who has tried to 'do up' a saloon Nova! I've put on an SR twin-choke carb, k&n filter, spitfire copper core sparks, scorpion exhaust, oz exclusives, spax lowering kit (40m), ICE, stuff like that. Has anyone else done this to a Saloon? Email: u9702331@bournemouth.ac.uk"

Friday, April 3 at 02:45 AM:
Steve from I need this later wrote:
"ftp://209.113.217.103"

Wednesday, April 1 at 02:31 AM:
Colm O'Grady from Ireland wrote:
"Hi! ! drive a 1.2 '89 nova i have had it lowered and have alloys on. In the next three weeks I plan to fit a gsi front bumper and skirts and a four inch peco system and am considering tinting the windows depending on cost."

Thursday, March 26 at 03:38 AM:
Kevin Wright from Sunny RHYL wrote:
"Hi, you might know me I drive a red MG metro Which did have blue chequred squares on the back? Anyway I am planning on getting a nova so I was just looking and found your page, nice. Shame about writing your nova off. Well bye for now. E-mail Kev_Wright@hotmail.com"

Monday, March 23 at 07:22 AM:
Janet from Wigan wrote:
"Hi! I went on NetPals and founf your homepage address so I thought I'd have a little look at it. I am 17 (well I am in June) and I will be getting a red Nova saloon (D-redge 1.1l) for my birthday. I don't know why I@m telling you this cos I was going to e-mail you in a bit but you can mail me if you want to at 699whittlejh@deanery.wigan.sch.uk See ya Steve Janet"

Friday, March 20 at 11:21 AM:
Scott Ingham from Bradford, West Yorkshire wrote:
"Hi! I am just looking for nova pictures, I used to own an f-reg nova SR, but am currently driving a 205 GTi and am a member of the Peugeot Sport Club............."

Monday, March 2 at 07:35 AM:
JONNY M from BIRMINGHAM wrote:
"I am just about to start driving and the Nova I plan to get is a 1.3SR. I plan to add a performance exhaust, 16" TSW 5-Spokes, Astra-GTE bonnet vents, lowered suspension and a GTE/GSi body-kit. Once my insurance has dropped a little I plan to drop in the Astra 2.0 16v engine. It will cost the earth to insure but will go like the wind."

Tuesday, February 24 at 02:18 PM:
Tom from Weston-Super-Mare wrote:
"Hi!to all Nova lovers out there, does anyone want to talk about the champange SUPER NOVA gdd77@dial.pipex.com "

Monday, February 23 at 01:47 AM:
paul carr from newcastel wrote:
"Hi! can you help me i am having difficulties accessing the png home page can you help? e-mail me at paul.carr@uk.sun.com "

Wednesday, February 18 at 03:33 AM:
PHILIP TAYLOR from BELFAST wrote:
"I DRIVE A NOVA GSI. IT GOES LIKE SHIT OFF A SHINEY SHOVEL. I HATE SAD YOUNG BOYS IN SR NOVAS WHO TRY TO RACE ME ALL THE TIME."

Tuesday, February 17 at 02:33 AM:
James Tindall from Scunthorpe wrote:
"Hi! I'm a member of the PNG and was wandering around when I stumbled on your site. I drive a J reg 1.2i lux plus. Its got GSi bumpers and skirts, piper back box, Pi springs with Monroe shocks and 16" Speedline alloys. My next addition was to be a digital dash but now my brother wants to buy the car off me so I can see a GTE coming my way. Have you noticed how its always a Ford causing accidents. I've had two drive into me causing a total of ?1100 damage, my dad rolled his Crapri, and my brother broke his leg in an XR2i when the driver decided to throw it across a field (best thing for it). Death to all Fords!!!, see ya later."

Saturday, February 7 at 07:22 AM:
Nathan Stone from Birstall (Nr Leeds) wrote:
"Hello fello PNG members. I drive a 1.4 Nova SR that has some slight mods. Janspeed Backbox, K&N air filter, Bosch Super 4 spark plugs. I am just saving my money for some new alloy's and a lowering kit. Your web site isn't bad but I am having difficulties accessing the PNG home page. Any suggestions?????? E-mail me NathStone@compuserve.com"

Wednesday, February 4 at 03:40 PM:
Jonathan Frascella from Cambridgeshire wrote:
"I have also started a page for the Nova! www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~joff01/nova/ Could ANYONE out there with a Nova please email me at joff01@globalnet.co.uk"

Thursday, January 22 at 04:03 PM:
Pete L from The magic land of NOVA wrote:
"e-mail @ peter.lincoln@virgin.net"

Thursday, January 22 at 04:02 PM:
Peter Lincoln from Peterlee, UP NORTH wrote:
"Hi! its crazy Nova drivin fellas like you who are so alike, mad for makin the word of the great NOVA. Can anyone tell me if is is easy to fit a 1.3SR with an injection kit? Drive Hard!!"

Monday, January 12 at 05:06 AM:
Neil White from Doncaster wrote:
"Hi! I have a modified Nova and would appreciate it if anyone could answer me a few questions It is a totally rebuilt A reg 1.2 GL painted cosworth Imperial blue It has a 91 face lift with custom grill full GTE Bodykit and GSi interior, white Dials etc.. It currently has a 1.4SR Engine in it with full Janspeed Exhaust System + Manifold and a K&N Air filter I would like to now fit a 1600 16V Engine as in the corsa GSi. as I have no ECU I would like to fit twin Carburettors so I don`t have to use injectors I wish to Know if the engine will fit OK in my engine bay and will the engine mounts need repositioning or are they o.k? "

Wednesday, November 26 at 06:30 AM:
Steven Lindsay from Banbridge, N. Ireland wrote:
"Hi! I've currently got a 1200i SX Nova. It's the cleanest one in the country. Unfortunately I'm a student but once I graduate there will be some serious mods. Tell you all about it in a year or two."

Tuesday, November 11 at 06:40 PM:
Gareth Lewis from Aberystwyth wrote:
"Hi! Attention all Nova Drivers, why not join Steve and feature your Nova on NOVADOSE - THE Site for Nova Owners. http://www.aber.ac.uk/~ghl6"

Thursday, November 6 at 05:39 AM:
Roughan Bass from Dublin,Ireland wrote:
"Hi! ok ok dont laugh but all i have is an 87 1lt but it was clocked by the police at 103mph?? and it get to 60 in 13 seconds?? its a navy gsi lookalike and im still paying 1700 a year insurance they screw you in ireland if your under 25.im saving for a tigra. great site keep it up Roughan Bass Dublin,Ireland"

Tuesday, October 28 at 04:28 AM:
Mark Wynne from Preston wrote:
"I own a black Nova GTE with Courtenay lowering springs and 7X16 Compomotive AT's. Need some info on what is the best first engine mods for more power cheers! "

Tuesday, October 28 at 03:14 AM:
Jon Hawkins from Hastings,E-Sussex. wrote:
"I'm a bit distraught with the lack of Nova stuff on the net, so far i've only found this and the PNG homepage. Does anyone know of any good screensavers? Also, Does anyone know what coil and dizzy to use on my GTE engine when I fit a pair of Webber Twin 40's? Please E-Mail me on; J.P.Hawkins@brighton.ac.uk Seeya. "

Monday, October 27 at 09:16 AM:
Jim Bob from North east wrote:
"hey, the sites bit shite..(j/k) but it would be nice to see a bit more tips an styling kit info,etc..."

Monday, October 27 at 01:35 AM:
adam ward from northamptonshire wrote:
"Hi!"

Friday, October 24 at 07:17 AM:
Paddy from Belfast N.Ireland wrote:
"Hi! Just thought that I should tell you that i'm hoping to get a 1.3 SR . And the site is great"

Friday, October 24 at 02:48 AM:
DARRYL THOMAS from AMMANFORD, WALES wrote:
"HI! I WANT TO JOIN THE PERFORMANCE NOVA GROUP, I DRIVE A J REG NOVA SRI, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE USED THE NET AND DONT HAVE CLUE HOW TO ACCESS THE WEB SITE AND WOULD BE GREATFULL IF YOU COULD GIVE ME ANUY INFORMATION ON HOW TO JOIN. THANKS DARRYL THOMAS"

Thursday, October 23 at 10:57 AM:
Damian from West Midlands wrote:
"At last, a Nova site! I own a 1.3 SR and proud of it! Not many modifications yet (apart from GTE suspension and a bit of body styling!) but I`ve got loads of plans! Going to look through some more of your pages now, l8erz! "

Thursday, October 23 at 02:26 AM:
Alun Edwards from Llandudno Junction wrote:
"Hi! Just found your site while looking for Novas. I own a 1.3 SR with a few modifications. Will there be any more Nova pics?"

Wednesday, October 22 at 04:01 AM:
Niek Hoogendoorn from De Lier, The Netherlands wrote:
"Areet, here's a note from a Dutch Nova nutter. How's things in Blighty ? Did you attend the PNG National Day ? I couldn't make it (unfortunately) because I had already booked a trip abroad at the time of the meeting, not knowing when the PNG day was... 8-( As of yet I'm working on a half decent ICE install (quick removable sub and amp in the boot) consiting of a Pyle 12" sub (boing boing) and a Pyle compo set in the doors. Must be good fun when it's finished... Next on the cards is a 1800cc-engine transplant. The engine is ready to install, but I'm unable to do the install myself. This means I have to have it done (preferrably at Novatech) but the UK pound is so bloody expensive I have to save some wad first !!! Oh well... I gotta go now, I'm stealing my bosses airtime ! CU next year (maybe ?) and keep the rubber sound down. Cheerio, Niek "ZgurkogeL" Hoogendoorn P.S. is it true what they say about the Welsh ? Leeks up one's arse and all that ?"

Friday, October 17 at 07:24 AM:
Paul Hume from Stafford wrote:
"Hi!Just looking through all of the nova sites that I could find as I have just bought a Nova 1.3SR. Keep up the good work, and lets have some more pictures. BYE...."

Wednesday, October 15 at 02:40 AM:
Stewart Hockley from Newtownabbey, BELFAST wrote:
"Hi! Just browsing! I only have a 1.2 club at the moment but am soon to buy a 1.3 SR which I will have around ?2000 to modify. I will get back to this site in a couple of months to keep you updated. "

Tuesday, October 14 at 08:39 AM:
Rodge from Harper adams College,Shropshire wrote:
"Hi! I am sick of my nova 1.2, 2 door saloon. Ok so it does 119 mph down a big hill on the M1 but its not exactly FAST. Any one got any cheap speeding up devices? bye :-)"

Tuesday, October 14 at 06:26 AM:
Graeme Mather from South Queensferry (near Edinburgh) Scotland wrote:
"I am looking for easy and very cost effective ways to give my 1.2 nova a power boost as I am a student , and cannot afford to give up much beer money."

Tuesday, October 14 at 04:55 AM:
Phil Humphries from Street, Somerset wrote:
"Hello, I drive an 85 B Nova 1.3 SR. It is lowered with cavalier lx 14inch wheels with low pro tyres. no proper stereo as i can't afford it. It is Black with several dents (previous owners only!) I paid 250 quid for it two years ago off some woman who thought it was bust coz the petrol guage had broke and she had ran out fuel. When i bought it i serviced it and cleaned it as it had never been cleaned in its life, i showed it some polish and it looks loverly! since i've had it i've done over 16000 miles and it has never missed a beat. I love it dearly. and my girlfriend reckons i treat it better than her, and i do coz i know it doesn't answer back. Mods to come when i finish this damn uni course next year is a 1600 cav engine thats laying around at home wanting a re-build. Thats all cheers medears."

Wednesday, October 8 at 04:24 AM:
Fraser "Fraz" MacRae from City of Dundee, Scotland wrote:
"Hi! Found your page whilst surfing at uni. For the record I own and drive an 1984 1.2 GL 3 dr nova hatch with the following fitted myself, SR rear spoiler, front drive lamps, Dimma fuel cover, customised wheel trims, Alpine stereo and several speakers of various sizes.. She also had a full respray in Mexico red about 6 mths before i got her. She still going strong, no breakdowns and only needed new sills (metalworm) and a tyre for the MOT not bad for a car of that age.. I`d like a 1.4 SR for my next car.."

Sunday, October 5 at 12:02 PM:
Jonathan Evans from Hull, East Yorkshire wrote:
"Hello, Just browsing through you web site, will look cool when finished!!! Anyway for your records I drive a 1988 SR with 1.6i conversion. I am currently working on a 2.0 16v conversion with F-28 six speed gearbox!! Know anybody who has some 6Jx15" tigra alloys they want to sell? Regards Jonathan"

Sunday, October 5 at 05:14 AM:
Steve East from Crawley, Sussex wrote:
"Hi! I drive A 1.3litre Sr. It is white with a blue spoiler, blue stripes, and best of all, a set of brand new 15 inch Alloy Astra wheels with ultra low profiles."

Friday, October 3 at 07:19 AM:
Paul from London, though temporarily Canada wrote:
"Pukka!, I was missin' my baby, so I thought I'd take a look. "

Thursday, October 2 at 09:57 AM:
See below entry from See below entry wrote:
"By the way, I drive a 1.3 SR, hoping to put a 2.0 litre engine in soon though!"

Thursday, October 2 at 09:55 AM:
Jonathan Frascella from Wisbech, Cambs wrote:
"Where are all the other Vauxhall Nova pages?!?"

Thursday, September 25 at 07:59 AM:
Dan C. from Portsmouth wrote:
"Hi! I have just bought a Nova SR 1.4 and am going to pukka it up to the dog's bollocks!"

Friday, September 19 at 06:02 AM:
Dazzler Fitz from Canterbury, Kent wrote:
"Hi! I drive a Nova GTE and it's kitted out better than any tub you've ever seen in Max Power. It's got enough ice to blow you're head off (literally) It blew out my windows an i had to get bomb proof glass!! Suck on that y'all DOZA (of tha notorious NARCOSIS CONNECTION) "

Thursday, September 18 at 04:51 AM:
Jon McMahon from Liverpool(working in swindon) wrote:
"Hi! I drive a Turbo DIESEL, but hey it's got 3HP less than an SRi, and a completely unique bodykit, how do i know its unique, some of its home built. See ya round. PS I'll hopefully be at ASW on Sunday 21 Sept, for there open day."

Thursday, July 17 at 10:31 PM:
Alastair Smith from Aylesbury, Bucks wrote:
"Gutentag!! I own an amazing 2.0 litre Nova, and was just browsing to find any information on the fine hatchbacks, Seeya around sometime. "

Wednesday, June 18 at 10:03 AM:
Jeffrey van Vliet from Zevenbergen the Netherlands wrote:
"Hi! I'm Jeffrey a PNG member from Holland, are you a PNG member to ??? Wat kind of Nova do you have ???? My adress is 0514570@ptfe30.hro.nl By the way nice home page.... Cya Jeffrey van Vliet "

Wednesday, June 11 at 01:36 AM:
enquirer from london wrote:
"Hi! thanks for your help much apppreciated.

Wednesday, April 23 at 06:17 AM:
Jonathan from Hull wrote:
"Are you supporting the PNG? Do you drive a Nova, if so which one? E-mail me at joffy@aol.com"

CP
20-10-05, 07:53 PM
Lol the good ol days :lol:

Jack
20-10-05, 10:46 PM
Wednesday, April 22 at 04:11 AM:
Andy Stanton from Alton, Hampshire, England wrote:
"Hello, I have a red Nova 1.3 saloon. I think I am the only person in the world who has tried to 'do up' a saloon Nova! I've put on an SR twin-choke carb, k&n filter, spitfire copper core sparks, scorpion exhaust, oz exclusives, spax lowering kit (40m), ICE, stuff like that. Has anyone else done this to a Saloon? Email: u9702331@bournemouth.ac.uk"
Nice choice of wheels :wink:

Tuesday, October 14 at 04:55 AM:
Phil Humphries from Street, Somerset wrote:
"Hello, I drive an 85 B Nova 1.3 SR. It is lowered with cavalier lx 14inch wheels with low pro tyres. no proper stereo as i can't afford it. It is Black with several dents (previous owners only!) I paid 250 quid for it two years ago off some woman who thought it was bust coz the petrol guage had broke and she had ran out fuel. When i bought it i serviced it and cleaned it as it had never been cleaned in its life, i showed it some polish and it looks loverly! since i've had it i've done over 16000 miles and it has never missed a beat. I love it dearly. and my girlfriend reckons i treat it better than her, and i do coz i know it doesn't answer back. Mods to come when i finish this damn uni course next year is a 1600 cav engine thats laying around at home wanting a re-build. Thats all cheers medears."
^ I remember that car!

Wednesday, October 8 at 04:24 AM:
Fraser "Fraz" MacRae from City of Dundee, Scotland wrote:
"Hi! Found your page whilst surfing at uni. For the record I own and drive an 1984 1.2 GL 3 dr nova hatch with the following fitted myself, SR rear spoiler, front drive lamps, Dimma fuel cover, customised wheel trims, Alpine stereo and several speakers of various sizes.. She also had a full respray in Mexico red about 6 mths before i got her. She still going strong, no breakdowns and only needed new sills (metalworm) and a tyre for the MOT not bad for a car of that age.. I`d like a 1.4 SR for my next car.."
Nice choice of colour :wink:

antinator
20-10-05, 11:27 PM
u and ur fecking mexico red i rememebr when i first posted on here the first post fromu was is ur car mexico red??? lol :lol:

novacabrio
20-10-05, 11:31 PM
Christ there a few names from the past, wonder what did hapend to Frazer MacRae and Neik from Holland, hmm gona drop em an email :D

mikey14sr
23-10-05, 01:04 PM
Niek and piers still about?

Hi all,

still about on this here list but too busy to share my thoughts and mind bogglings
with you all... so much for setting up a business. :-P

Both the red shed valver and the GSi are still with me. Also had a blue GSi-spec
Nova for 10 months which I sold recently. Can't leave them alone after having owned
Nova's since 1991, really. :-)

Piers is no longer active on nova_owners but still owns his thoroughly rebuilt moss
green K-plate Snap. We regularly meet up online. And he's been over to cloggie
country last year, which was good fun.

Cheers,
Niek

thats the last I heard from Niek through nova_owners, back in march

Will
23-10-05, 10:57 PM
member since early 2000 when i was 17 innit

3 diff usernames later :lol: :lol: :lol:

will_b

novanutter

will