PDA

View Full Version : help needed probs wiv heaters

antinator
17-10-05, 10:25 PM
rite i have this problem wiv my heaters they just dont work............no power no nothing is there any thing u could suggest to make i work?

sr-rompa
18-10-05, 12:25 AM
have you tryed the fuse an an the heater motor might be sezied an the power supply to the motor aswell had the same problem an change the motor an it worked

antinator
18-10-05, 10:09 AM
im not really an electrical buff any sort of guide 2 changin the moter as its defo not the fuse .....

antinator
18-10-05, 10:09 AM
im not really an electrical buff any sort of guide 2 changin the moter as its defo not the fuse .....

Dar
18-10-05, 11:22 AM
The motor is extreamly easy to change. Its just two small bolts on either side and unplug it from the loom. Check the fan motor by trying to turn it, if its solid you will need to change it(if it won't free up). But if its just stiff get some WD40 on the bearings and get it spinning, then put some more on once its going.

Lee
18-10-05, 06:28 PM
might be worth getting a DMM on it first (or a bulb with a few wires soldered to it) to check its getting power before you rip it out. If its not getting any juice, it may be the switch thats playing silly buggers.