PDA

View Full Version : sr wheels with 2.0 cavvy brakes.

Stanley
17-10-05, 06:05 PM
i did the 2ltr brake conversion but my game plan has changed a little.

the main plan is how low can u go??

will the 3spoke sr wheels fit over 2ltr brakes (discs, and calipers etc off a cavvy)

and will lowering it 80mm on these wheels cause any major problems?

fanks all

rsintheplace
17-10-05, 06:10 PM
the 3 spoke sr wheels wont fit over the 2ltr calipers ive had the same problem before m8, as for lowering it 80mm be prepared for some rubbing, 60mm lowers it enough without it rubbing

Philsutton
17-10-05, 06:12 PM
yeah but 80mm on sr wheels wont rub at all, hell 100mm shouldnt rub either

Stanley
17-10-05, 06:14 PM
av had the arches rolled (well i say rolled, i mean grinded lol) so rubbage shouldnt occur.

i have a bilstein 60front 40rear full suspension kit and am getting the springs treated to make em 80mm.

im expecting to got thru a driveshaft or two due to the extra strees but i can get em from wrk for pennies

hawkins#1
17-10-05, 06:58 PM
i changed my brakes the other day and wanted to fit the 2.0 calipers with the sr rims but they would not fit but i manged to get 1.8 calipers on but there is not much space left

nick

Lee
17-10-05, 08:08 PM
av had the arches rolled (well i say rolled, i mean grinded lol) so rubbage shouldnt occur.

i have a bilstein 60front 40rear full suspension kit and am getting the springs treated to make em 80mm.

im expecting to got thru a driveshaft or two due to the extra strees but i can get em from wrk for pennies

Christ, 80mm on 14's? I take it you have no speed bumps around your way :lol:

burgo
17-10-05, 10:02 PM
you can fit sr wheels over 2lt brakes

il get a pic to prove it if you want

bump
17-10-05, 10:07 PM
you can fit sr wheels over 2lt brakes

il get a pic to prove it if you want

Go on i want to see how you've done it, as it's something that i'm looking at doing.

burgo
17-10-05, 10:43 PM
5mm spacers and shave a tiny bit off the caliper which is perfectly safe

SRlew
18-10-05, 10:18 AM
yer, when i bought some wings of this guy he had 16v brakes under his GSI alloys, was f**king tight though.

and my mate had his nova lowered 100mm on 13s.
looked wicked.

lew

mad-driver
18-10-05, 11:28 AM

and by tiny do you really mean very tiny luke?

Stuart
18-10-05, 12:27 PM
the shafts wont really be under much stress being that low, but the steering rams/rack will be under increased stress that low as the arms will be angled badly etc...

also the wheels wont rud on the outside of teh arches, they "should" rud on the inner ones though lol.

when i was sorting myshell out i did take the springs out and sit it on the shocks, front and rear. made it V low but the 13" wheels never touched anything (by the way i never drove it like this)

burgo
18-10-05, 01:00 PM

and by tiny do you really mean very tiny luke?indeed very tiny

wheres bruce he saw how well they fit at pv so he can back me up